New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    they were already beginning to pick up steam when they were bringing in from europe. then they changed strategies mid-stream. whoever was behind that decision should be fired.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by A RO-95 View Post
    It seems to me that the Philippine VW importer cannot win! If they bring in vehicles manufactured in Europe, the USA or Mexico, they are seen to be too expensive, if they bring vehicles manufactured in China then people complain that they the quality is not up to spec and the designs outdated or not "proper" VW!
    You’d never be able to predict market preferences. MG & VW are marquee Euro brands. MG is now owned by SAIC while VW is still German. VWs sold here are made in China, but not everyone knows that, while everyone knows MGs are owned & made in China. So, why are MGs selling like hot pandesal & VWs are struggling?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    You’d never be able to predict market preferences. MG & VW are marquee Euro brands. MG is now owned by SAIC while VW is still German. VWs sold here are made in China, but not everyone knows that, while everyone knows MGs are owned & made in China. So, why are MGs selling like hot pandesal & VWs are struggling?

MG did their homework. And got a really good marketing team.

Now all VW got to do is to copy that homework

Start bringing in a 900k small crossover that competes with the MG ZS (eto lang naman ang mabenta sa MG so far).

China sourced T-Roc?

Pinaglalabanan pa din ngayon ang segment na ito. Wherein pinipilit nila i push ang Santana na dominated na ng mga established na brands.
    Last edited by foifoi05; October 6th, 2019 at 07:41 AM.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by foifoi05 View Post

Start bringing in a 900k small crossover that competes with the MG ZS (eto lang naman ang mabenta sa MG so far).

China sourced T-Roc?

Pinaglalabanan pa din ngayon ang segment na ito. Wherein pinipilit nila i push ang Santana na dominated na ng mga established na brands.
    If you go back through MG’s designs when it was still British, it was so different then. What SAIC did is what the Chinese will typically do, COPY. They copy designs of other makers. Look at MG6 & MG ZS. Mukhang Mazda 6 and Mazda CX5. You know how pretty those designs are. Put a cheap price on that & people will come. VWs are still so Euro looking, too bland for the Pinoy taste.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post

MGs are selling since the positioning was ideal for the Philippine market. They sent in their latest models, competitively equipped and priced.

As opposed to VW, who sent underspecd, older models which made them uncompetitive at their price range. Example is the Lavida, where they brought in the older model when the new model based on the Golf platform was introduced in China. The Tiguan as well, where they brought in the older LWB model, which was eclipsed by the similarly priced new model of the Forester which had AWD and Eyesight.

Funny thing is VW has competitive models in China. VW Phils made the miscalculation that they could offer inferior models, and just ride on the brand and the goodwill generated by the recent models (Golf + Jetta) that were warmly received by the market.

Only hit I think was the Santana, as I see a lot of those on the road. Also the Tiguan to a lesser extent. Lavida and Lamando have rare real world sightings, at least for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    ^ACI had to change their direction. I remember the former head of VW in the Philippines, when asked if Chinese made VWs are sold here, he said “what’s made in China, stays in China”. Now, Ayala Corp is warming up to everything Chinese. At the end of the day, its still business.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by moneyp View Post
    they were already beginning to pick up steam when they were bringing in from europe. then they changed strategies mid-stream. whoever was behind that decision should be fired.
    VW does not need hotshot Ayala like executives kasi eh, like Kia na hinde na talaga mag pick up pa dito sa Philippines kaht kelan because of the same type of leaders

Ang kailangan sa mga brands na yan, humble leaders, one who is willing to take a pay cut to ensure that the brands will get market share in the future.

Eh mantakin m po naman yun, Kia hinde pa nga nag pickup, Stinger na kagad pinagmamalaki , wala goodbye Kia na dito sa Philippines.

Eto naman VW, flip-floppng, offer China made, then biglang maging Euro, then pag duamting na overhead report ng local VW , mag cost cutting at papasok ulet Made in China.

It”s not the brands, it’s the type of people they are hiring.

HARi succeeded noon because they were humble.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by foifoi05 View Post

China sourced T-Roc?

Wala na novelty nyan white roof over car color type of cars. bumenta na yan dito , and it doesnt age well, these type of 2-tone color schemes

For me, the only thing they shoudl, get a PPv version of the Amarok at kumuha sila ng van na diesel sa product line up nila ang try to compete with the commuter dept,

Nissan did that formula, and look at them number 4.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by A RO-95 View Post
    It seems to me that the Philippine VW importer cannot win! If they bring in vehicles manufactured in Europe, the USA or Mexico, they are seen to be too expensive, if they bring vehicles manufactured in China then people complain that they the quality is not up to spec and the designs outdated or not "proper" VW!
    This ! 100 percent true.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Hi all,

I’m considering the new Lamado. Anyone here purchased one recently? Any feedback about the car and maintenance/service? TIA!

Volkswagen Philippines launches 5 new competitive models