New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Anyone here knows the real world FE of the Tiguan?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Had dinner with a friend working in AC. The strategy to kill off the Golfs and Jettas in favor of the Chinese models hasn't paid off. They still have inventory from their first batch of chinese imports - also evidenced by the rarity of Santanas, Lavidas, Lamandos, etc on the street.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Had dinner with a friend working in AC. The strategy to kill off the Golfs and Jettas in favor of the Chinese models hasn't paid off. They still have inventory from their first batch of chinese imports - also evidenced by the rarity of Santanas, Lavidas, Lamandos, etc on the street.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Nothing wrong with bringing in China models. They just brought in the older ones, priced uncompetitively. A simple web search will show the models brought in are based on older platforms, and already havr replacements in China.

They should have done what MG Philippines did - bring in the latest models and priced aggressively. I see more MG cars vs the Lavida/Santana/Lamando trio on the streets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by moipogi View Post
    Nothing wrong with bringing in China models. They just brought in the older ones, priced uncompetitively. A simple web search will show the models brought in are based on older platforms, and already havr replacements in China.

They should have done what MG Philippines did - bring in the latest models and priced aggressively. I see more MG cars vs the Lavida/Santana/Lamando trio on the streets.

MGs are lookers but ultra cheap. Pinoys are very price conscious.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Lavida are being use as taxis in some China cities.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    The old generation china cars they brought in were not priced competitively. They should be way cheaper.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The Jetta was priced just right against the Civic, Altis, and the rest of the compacts. Its big advantage was its diesel engine. They should have brought more of the 1.6L model.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    The Jetta was priced just right against the Civic, Altis, and the rest of the compacts. Its big advantage was its diesel engine. They should have brought more of the 1.6L model.

Pero mukhang a decade behind ang design ng VW dito.. parang pang 90's car design.. unlike the civic and altis..

9. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by moneyp View Post
    The old generation china cars they brought in were not priced competitively. They should be way cheaper.
    This. Plus the fact that it is widely known VW Phils. brought in an inferior replacement to the Jetta and Golf. To me it's disrespect for your intended clientele

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    Pero mukhang a decade behind ang design ng VW dito.. parang pang 90's car design.. unlike the civic and altis..
    The Jetta and Golf sold here around 3 years ago were in line with the generation sold globally. VW cars tend to be not too flashy in styling, much like Toyota models.

The China-sourced models being sold now are a generation behind in platform compared to the Jetta/Golf sold 3 years ago.

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
Volkswagen Philippines launches 5 new competitive models