New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by supercar10 View Post
    Hi sir, ask ko lang where available to get VW parts besides sa casa?

We're looking at getting the Tiguan 280 TSI, but concerned lang about the availability of its parts here sa atin.

Would greatly appreciate any info you may have to share. Thank you!
    my recommendation is, don't VW na lang, if you intend to save money by purchasing parts outside the casa.
    parts will probably be difficult to source, and more expensive to boot.
    the company is a relative newcomer to the local car industry. i do not know how aggressive it will be, when it comes to maintenance and after-sales.

i used to drive an "orphan car".
    "never again."

my opinion only.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by supercar10 View Post
    Hi sir, ask ko lang where available to get VW parts besides sa casa?

We're looking at getting the Tiguan 280 TSI, but concerned lang about the availability of its parts here sa atin.

Would greatly appreciate any info you may have to share. Thank you!
    I agree. As a caddy owner, I feel abandoned by vw philippines. It is quite obvious that the local dealer is after fast profits and not there for the long term. Biro mo kakapasok lang ng golf gts, caddy and others, biglang papalitan ng china cars at wala na yung "bagong" caddy, etc. Ang worry ko is parts and support for the long term.

I hope vw in the philippines will go to a reputable company who will really be tjere for the long haul and not for short term profits.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    ^
    Vw is under ayala afaik

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by moneyp View Post
    I agree. As a caddy owner, I feel abandoned by vw philippines. It is quite obvious that the local dealer is after fast profits and not there for the long term. Biro mo kakapasok lang ng golf gts, caddy and others, biglang papalitan ng china cars at wala na yung "bagong" caddy, etc. Ang worry ko is parts and support for the long term.

I hope vw in the philippines will go to a reputable company who will really be tjere for the long haul and not for short term profits.
    Actually, VW is under the Ayalas, so that's about as reputable as you can get. Mas ok sila vs GM Philippines before, who cut Opel as the main overseas brand and replaced it with Chevy. Ganda pa naman nung Opel Astra Wagon namin. Had to sell it eventually kasi it was getting old and parts were getting hard to find (wala na sa casa, bought at Thunder in Banawe).

Based on that, and owning a GTS and a Caddy, I believe they will fulfill their end of the bargain in terms of parts availability and support. Maganda so far yung support ng VW sa service so far.

That being said, when my carplans are up for renewal, I will likely go back to the Japs and Koreans unless VW offers the more recent global models or at least the more current China models.

Hindi naman masama VW models na China. Badtrip lang kasi they offered the older models, not the new versions of the Santana/Lavida/Lamando/Tiguan, which are really nice and use the newer platforms. The other carmakers offer the most recent version, kahit na medyo bawas yung features.

Medyo tone deaf ng onti either yung management ng Ayala sa cars or VW forced the move on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by moipogi View Post
    Actually, VW is under the Ayalas, so that's about as reputable as you can get. Mas ok sila vs GM Philippines before, who cut Opel as the main overseas brand and replaced it with Chevy. Ganda pa naman nung Opel Astra Wagon namin. Had to sell it eventually kasi it was getting old and parts were getting hard to find (wala na sa casa, bought at Thunder in Banawe).

Based on that, and owning a GTS and a Caddy, I believe they will fulfill their end of the bargain in terms of parts availability and support. Maganda so far yung support ng VW sa service so far.

That being said, when my carplans are up for renewal, I will likely go back to the Japs and Koreans unless VW offers the more recent global models or at least the more current China models.

Hindi naman masama VW models na China. Badtrip lang kasi they offered the older models, not the new versions of the Santana/Lavida/Lamando/Tiguan, which are really nice and use the newer platforms. The other carmakers offer the most recent version, kahit na medyo bawas yung features.

Medyo tone deaf ng onti either yung management ng Ayala sa cars or VW forced the move on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I own a Golf GTS too and the car has been very good so far, haven't been able to service it yet though.

I think they would have sold more had they continued to sell all the US Jetta and GTSs despite them being from 2015 and 2016, and show that they can service them properly.

Hopefully Ayala will return to the more recent model years of the global VW cars.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    This should be the Jetta that VW needs to sell here, the Jetta GLI (Golf GTi's sedan twin).

219 Volkswagen Jetta GLI – Turbocharged Sedan Version of the GTI

7. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    ako lang ba or wala na talagang Diesel cars ang VW Philippines?

8. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    wala na. it is china made old model petrol cars na yung binebenta.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Hello there, I'm a member of the Jetta Club Phils and Golf Club Phils. These two VW clubs including some members of GTS club who have Jettas as well are active and a cool club. I personally own a 2017 Jetta 1.4 TSI 7-DSG (the rare Jetta twin-charged [CTHD engine code] here in the Phils at least) and a 1999 2-door Golf 1.9TDI (mk4). I once was a Toyota guy and was even in this forum (different handle) more than 10 years ago selling toyota parts (genuine mostly) and some Honda parts. Now I'm into VW (or VAG cars) and a source of parts for the club. My golf mk4 although 20 years old is solidly built and the engine (I think gen 1 TDI's (AGR engine code)) are still solid and ongoing restoration (body paints and interior). We even have a member with a Jetta, Tiguan, and two Polo who has a big Goodyear Autocare shop in Malabon MM which looks like a VW casa during weekends since club members goes there for meet ups and maintenance. What I found out is that VW is actually not expensive to maintain as there are several hard core enthusiast out there ( I'm becoming one) and you'll just have to find them or join their clubs and you won't have problems with parts and maintenance.

I'm now looking to get my 3rd VW ... Caravelle (Transporter T4). Test driven one at the Greenhills east subdivison with a VR6 engine and damn the ride is way better than my 2017 Ford Everest. I'm getting in love with it ... ahehe another project to take on

10. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    And guys don't worry with VW casa support for now looks like they are doing a good job. Yes for parts that are not consumable you'll have to wait for them to arrive from either Germany or Singapore but of course you can look outside of casa and ask for our help. We know some of the VW casa folks and most of them have Jettas and are club members too. Ahehe

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
Volkswagen Philippines launches 5 new competitive models