New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    I checked out the Santana at PIMS last week:

When I opened the doors, it felt so light and I looked at its side profile it looked so thin! Side impact safety not looking good already.

I sat inside. The dash design is so consistent with the rest of the Volkswagen sedan lineup. But the overall feel, is like an early 2000's car inside.

I think the Vios 1.3 base will be a better choice than the Santana bec:

Vios -latest gen. (still better even if its using the 2013 Vios platform) vs. Santana ( china only model and outdated/about to be replaced)

Vios -complete safety features vs. Santana (dual SRS only)

2. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    ^ nagtest drive ako nung manual. Ang awkward nung position ng left leg ko. Nasa ginta dahil nasa gitna ang clutch. Langya. Magkakalapit yung 3 pedals. Not really an issue yung magkakalapit. Kaso yun nga, halos nasa gitna ang clutch pedal. Aside form that, ok naman idrive

What surprises me is the lavida. Very powerful. Very agile. Hamak na mas ok kaysa mazda 3 and altis. Sa civic maiksi lang masyado test drive ko noon kaya can't compare

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Bring back the jetta and the latest gen tiguan. Halatang pang profit lang ito supposedly 'new' models na dinala ng ayala corp eh. Puro luma na malamang mura lang nila nakuha from VW china

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    ^ nagtest drive ako nung manual. Ang awkward nung position ng left leg ko. Nasa ginta dahil nasa gitna ang clutch. Langya. Magkakalapit yung 3 pedals. Not really an issue yung magkakalapit. Kaso yun nga, halos nasa gitna ang clutch pedal. Aside form that, ok naman idrive

What surprises me is the lavida. Very powerful. Very agile. Hamak na mas ok kaysa mazda 3 and altis. Sa civic maiksi lang masyado test drive ko noon kaya can't compare

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    The Lavida comes with a turbocharged engine and it offers more torque at low rpms compared to the usual 1.6L NA engine of local compact cars, more torque even against 2.0L NA engines. The gas model versions of the 2016 Jetta and Golf also used a 1.4L turbo engine but tuned for more output, 150hp/250Nm instead of the 128hp/225Nm of the Lavida.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by zechs View Post
    Bring back the jetta and the latest gen tiguan. Halatang pang profit lang ito supposedly 'new' models na dinala ng ayala corp eh. Puro luma na malamang mura lang nila nakuha from VW china
    very true. lousy china cars.

dismayado ako since i am a caddy owner. replacing them with outdated china cars. it doesn't speak well of the company that holds the current dealership in our country.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I was also surprised to see an “all-new” lineup of VW cars and none of the old timers at PIMS, like the Golf, Polo & Passat. The Tiguan was the only familiar car.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    ... and it's not even the newer Volkswagen Tiguan ... it's actually even older than the Tiguan released before this ...

8. Join Date
    May 2007
    Agree. Until they sell again the Golf, Jetta, etc, Volkswagen Philippines is dead to me.
    Heck even Volkswagen China market sells the Golf. Meanwhile, even on by-order basis, Volkswagen PH won't.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Sayang, muntik na akong napabili ng jetta,nung naglabas sila ng China Models at wala na talagang ituloy ang jetta dito, masasabi ko lang F U VW philippines. Sana walang bumili at magsara kana lang hahhaha

10. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Hi sir, ask ko lang where available to get VW parts besides sa casa?

We're looking at getting the Tiguan 280 TSI, but concerned lang about the availability of its parts here sa atin.

Would greatly appreciate any info you may have to share. Thank you!

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
Volkswagen Philippines launches 5 new competitive models