New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by KingoftheNorth View Post
    So I guess it is the case of the Jetta and Golf not bringing in enough sales (at those models' price points).

I just hope the Santana and Lavida are good enough to be real alternatives to the usual choices (Vios, City, Altis, Civic).
    Santana I think will sell as sitting in the showroom, the switchgear and interior feel is similar to usual VW standard. Dami lang hard plastics, pero the cockpit is definitely German.

Lavida I am not quite sold kasi the model is old and supercedes the Jetta, which is a better model.

The Jetta and the Golf GTS Tdi cars were admittedly opportunistic for VW PH. The price points were quite competitive since they are north american models which were out of favor dahil sa dieselgate.

Given TRAIN, bringing in the same spec models might have been quite expensive na.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    personally, if i were in the market, and i have the money, and i am a gambling man, i'd probably give the santana a shot.
    we already all know how the vios feels.
    That's a lot of "IF's", doc. Hehe!

Anyway, I do hope that as time goes by, there will be a lot of accessories for these cars to be made available from your favorite Banawe shops. I mean, nothing would annoy me more as a new car owner than to find out that I can't even buy simple things like seat covers, floor mats, etc.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008

Anyway, I do hope that as time goes by, there will be a lot of accessories for these cars to be made available from your favorite Banawe shops. I mean, nothing would annoy me more as a new car owner than to find out that I can't even buy simple things like seat covers, floor mats, etc.
    us Quripots always have a lot of "ifs".
    heh heh.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005

Hay naku wala yan, unless madami mabenta. Pahirapan yung accessories ng Jetta and Golf.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006

Quote Originally Posted by moipogi View Post
    Hay naku wala yan, unless madami mabenta. Pahirapan yung accessories ng Jetta and Golf.

For our Jetta, I went to Xyter Accessories in Banawe for custom-fitted floor mats. They also made the mats for our Fiesta and Forester. Aside from mats, I have no intention of putting chins or spoilers or any rice-themed accessories on our Jetta.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by moipogi View Post
    Pahirapan yung accessories ng Jetta and Golf.

Most Golf and Jetta owners who add accessories buy them from Lazada/ali express, or abroad. Like any online transaction there are some misses.

The Golf and Jetta TDi they are selling here are just the overproduced units that's supposed to be for the North American Market but due to the Diesel gate scandal they where diverted elsewhere.
    With the Golf there already is a updated current model being sold in North america with a lot more tech (Virtual cockpit)but with the TSi gas engine. if they bring it here the price might be too high for the target market.
    With the Jetta i think an all new model is coming out next year in North America.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    So I guess it is the case of the Jetta and Golf not bringing in enough sales (at those models' price points).

I just hope the Santana and Lavida are good enough to be real alternatives to the usual choices (Vios, City, Altis, Civic).
    The Santana should be a reliable workhorse. It is widely used in taxi and police fleets in countries where they are sold. I saw and rode lots of those back when I was working in China. I think it is definitely a solid and properly priced alternative to the segment's stalwarts. This model, however, is due for a change having been launched way back in 2012.

The Lavida, on the other hand, does not enjoy the same workhorse status as the Santana but is otherwise fairly ubiquitous in China as a small family sedan. Like the Santana, our variant here is an outgoing model. If I recall correctly, the all-new Lavida was introduced in Shanghai last April. I think our local variant and pricing here will have a tough time competing against segment leaders. If any of you are looking at the Lavida, I suggest you wait for the new model as it is more competitive with updated interiors and driving tech. Plus, the new body is bigger in every aspect - bringing it up to par with segment leaders like the Altis, Civic, M3 and Elantra

Dimensions (L/W/H/Wheelbase):
    - Outgoing model: 4,605 / 1,765 / 1,460 / 2,610
    - All-new model: 4,670 / 1,806 / 1,474 / 2,688

I really don't know what VW Philippines is doing as each of their car models will sell for a very limited time and volume before being replaced with something else. We have considered VW vehicles several times and continue to do so. But we always came away with the impression that the brand was not stable and competitive with its fleeting models and premium pricing despite it being under the venerable Ayala Group. I'm sure the higher production costs of its core models compounded by the emissions scandal has not helped but missteps like the one they are making right now with the Santana and Lavida should have really been avoided.

With the Jetta i think an all new model is coming out next year in North America.
    It's been out for a couple of months now. Reviews already abound in the internet.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    VW Philippines will be shifting to a 6 mos./10k kms whichever comes first PMS schedule for all its new gasoline engine models.
    Source? Coz I was told by the sales agent that it's still 10k or 1 yr PMS.. Still contemplating on the Santana.. Any input mga sir?

Sent from my VTR-L29 using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Maybe, because of the china units?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mylesvv79 View Post
    Source? Coz I was told by the sales agent that it's still 10k or 1 yr PMS.. Still contemplating on the Santana.. Any input mga sir?

Sent from my VTR-L29 using Tapatalk
    VW Quezon Avenue.

Maybe, because of the china units?
    I don't think it is a quality issue. Dealerships make a tiny one-time profit from selling you a car. Long-term sustainability is in recurring revenue from after sales services. That's what pays for the rent, lights and people. VW's low sales volume and once a year or 15k PMS routine does not financially justify the investment to open a new dealership. That's the reason you can count with one hand the number of VW dealerships in Metro Manila.

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
Volkswagen Philippines launches 5 new competitive models