New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by moneyp View Post
    I hope they do not discontinue the jetta or golf gts. I am looking at those 2 as possible replacements for my vios in January 2020. So far, we have no problems with our Caddy.
    The Golf GTS, i was told, will be sold on a limited basis only.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    The Tiguan at P1.6M is quite a bargain imho.
    Yeah, that's what my eyes are set now to.

Hopefully the interior quality is not too far behind from my GTS and that there will be no price increase until maybe early next year .

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    The Santana looks like a stripped down version of the Jetta. Perhaps the Santana GTS will be a stripped down version of the Golf GTS?

Will VW discontnue some models by introducing these newer models?

4. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    That will make choosing as two of my possible choices will be eliminated instantly. Will just have to find other diesel choices.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    I hope they do not discontinue the jetta or golf gts. I am looking at those 2 as possible replacements for my vios in January 2020.
    My understanding is that they will be gone soon together with the Polo so make your move while there are still a couple of trims and colors to choose from.

Looking at the Chinese market where the Santana and Lavida are very popular, it's very likely that we could see the Gran (station wagon) and Cross (crossover) versions of both models reach our shores in the near future to fill in gaps in VW's domestic offerings. But I find it odd that VW Philippines chose to launch these now as they are both 6 years old and are due for an all-new model in 2019...

6. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Good news from VW!
    3 years or 100,000kms na warranty!
    it's still 1 year or 10,000 km for PMS.
    Ayala came to fight!
    Sana ayusin din nila ang Kia

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by JJB View Post
    Good news from VW!
    3 years or 100,000kms na warranty!
    it's still 1 year or 10,000 km for PMS.
    Ayala came to fight!
    Sana ayusin din nila ang Kia
    They should have continued with their current system of PMS every 12 months or 15k KM.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    My understanding is that they will be gone soon together with the Polo so make your move while there are still a couple of trims and colors to choose from.

Looking at the Chinese market where the Santana and Lavida are very popular, it's very likely that we could see the Gran (station wagon) and Cross (crossover) versions of both models reach our shores in the near future to fill in gaps in VW's domestic offerings. But I find it odd that VW Philippines chose to launch these now as they are both 6 years old and are due for an all-new model in 2019...
    They are likely taking advantage of cheaper runs of an outgoing model. VW China may have excess inventory of the current models they want to export.

Nothing wrong with that though, since VW is trying to hit a price point while maintaining standards. The new generation Jetta and the Golf mk7.5 may likely be too expensive to have as core models. VW needs the equivalent of the Vios as a core model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Base santana is pretty tempting.
    How much features is skimpped remains to be seen. This might dent the current accent sales.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    Base santana is pretty tempting.
    How much features is skimpped remains to be seen. This might dent the current accent sales.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk
    manual diesel?

FOCUS

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Volkswagen Philippines launches 5 new competitive models