New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Hi Guys! is there anyone have an idea on how can i replace my aircooled vw engine with japanese engine, i have seen that modification on youtube and one in VW show in forth bonifacio that uses honda b16 engine, hope you can help me guys..

better if you keep it stock sir. stock / mild mods = HIGHER resale value considering that your car is a classic. i have a '78 1300cc too.

just modify the orig engine a little. if you have the budget, get an MSD ignition kit -- MSD billet distributor, MSD Super Conductor 8mm High Tension Wires, MSD CDi box, and MSD Blaster Coil.

by the way, what year model is your vw? engine and other specs?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrod007 View Post
    Hi Guys! is there anyone have an idea on how can i replace my aircooled vw engine with japanese engine, i have seen that modification on youtube and one in VW show in forth bonifacio that uses honda b16 engine, hope you can help me guys..
    now why would you want to do that?
    in the first place, it will bring the market value of your vw down. very few people will want to buy it. secondly, it will take a lot of engineering knowhow to do this to come out with a reliable vehicle.
    better if you scour the market for old toyotas. they'll probably be more reliable than your planned modified vw.
    but if you really want to do it, i recommend you get in touch with the VW club of the Phils. they'll point you to the right direction.
    and i suspect you're just what your handle says. good luck to you then.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Thanks Guys both of you are right, some of my friends advise me the same, it will take a lot of engineering expertise and money to modify my vw, by the way i have 54 VW but i already change the engine from 1200 to 1600 stock engine.

if you're really serious about the transplant, i'll give you the contact number of the shop owner who swapped a stock vw aircooled engine with mazda 13B rotary turbo. that's roughly 182bhp -- approx 150hp increase!

they also made another but just an EFi conversion. this one is a lot cheaper though.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    that's good news for me! can i have the number of the shop? you know what i love about VW bettle? only the shape I know the value of my vw will drop but I don't have plan to sell it in the future..Thank you in advise..

7. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrod007 View Post
    Thanks Guys both of you are right, some of my friends advise me the same, it will take a lot of engineering expertise and money to modify my vw, by the way i have 54 VW but i already change the engine from 1200 to 1600 stock engine.
    Just made some googling around regarding vw engine mods and found this.

Your 54 VW is a gold mine. perhaps tama nga po yung mga suggestions nila and its close to possible that you are the only one having that precious metal. afair, 59 yung madalas kong nakikita whenever i attend vw meets. marami maglalaway sa vw mo.. hehehe...

here is the link of the vw club - http://www.vwcp.org/forum/index.php

See you there!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by azzkkr2600 View Post
    better if you keep it stock sir. stock / mild mods = HIGHER resale value considering that your car is a classic. i have a '78 1300cc too.

just modify the orig engine a little. if you have the budget, get an MSD ignition kit -- MSD billet distributor, MSD Super Conductor 8mm High Tension Wires, MSD CDi box, and MSD Blaster Coil.

by the way, what year model is your vw? engine and other specs?
    Sir,

Saan mo natutunan ung MOD na yan. Meron ka bang site na pede mapuntahan para makita yang MOD na yan.

Thanks

9. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Install front differential

10. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    if you want to install a japanese engine in a vw bug, the best engine would be a subaru engine. since subaru uses a flat four engine like the volks, little to no body machining is required to install. if you install a subaru engine (lets say ej20 ang kakabit mo), you dont even need to replace the transmission! kailangan mo lang ng adapter para maikasya ang engine sa tranny. at di mo din pwede ihataw masyado kasi baka mag split ang stock tranny mo

but an easier alternative that wont empty your wallet and reduce the value is to build a stroker motor from a stock 1600 engine (e.g. upgrade crankshaft, pistons, camshaft, carburetor, etc.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Volkswagen bettle transplant