New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Takoy View Post
    I'm planning to buy Golf. Hesitant lang dahil sa location ko
    i also am hesitant, if i were to drive over 100 km just for the pms.
    walang VW casa sa davao?
    achaka... baka merong authorized shop diyan na malapit sa inyo? not necessarily a casa, but a VW-authorized garage...
    Last edited by dr. d; September 10th, 2018 at 10:35 AM.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Locally discontinued model ... Parts will be very scarce in the future ...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Locally discontinued model ... Parts will be very scarce in the future ...
    If we will just depend on local parts availability then VW is not for us. If you're not into DIY also then VW is not for you. But I love to drive my Jetta so we are now a club of Jetta owners with members who have shops that can service the car. I also source the parts from Europe and even with the shipping it is still cheaper plus it is DHL express. Ahehe I was even able to help friends who have Mazda 2 get parts from Europe and still cheaper from the cheapest available local auto store.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i don't know.
    but i suppose, it will be in the same neighborhood as their other auto models.
    Paid 9k+ for the 1st PMS of my 2017 Jetta 1.4TSI which is after a year.
    2nd year (2nd PMS) I brought all my PMS parts to casa except the oil since I like their oil which you can't find outside. Yes the oil is expensive but it performs really very well and I love to drive my Jetta so it deserves the best oil out there

5. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Drivesafe View Post
    Just womdering if VW periodic maintenance here is as expensive as the more premium brands like Audi, BMW and Mercedes. If not, how much more expensive than mainstream brands like Honda, Toyota, Hyundai?
    Cheaper than the 3 mentioned. But on the 3 mentioned Audi is supposed to be similar to VW as they are from the same car company and shares parts and the same oil should be used ... VW507/505.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by moipogi View Post
    Actually if you bought the US and Euro-spec models, the anti-corrosion waranty is 12-years . . . :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Got the 2017 Jetta 1.4TSI Euro spec at a steal! Twin charged rocks!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12