New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Countries of manufacture does not matter if the brand has setup stiff quality controls. CVT told me that the auto industry has one of the most strict quality controls. I don't think VW's quality standards is something comparable to Foton or Haima.

I think the VWs made in China are primarily for their use and not for export unlike those in Mexico. China has some domestic auto standards that apply only to them. There might be a chance that such standards could apply to other countries but the volume of manufacture may only meet the ever growing demand for vehicles in China alone.
    "...quality control..."
    golden words, these.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    "...quality control..."
    golden words, these.
    It does not include the words "reliable design". Even if quality control is strict but the part design is unreliable, overall quality is suspect. Just take a look at Ford. hehehehe

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    It does not include the words "reliable design". Even if quality control is strict but the part design is unreliable, overall quality is suspect. Just take a look at Ford. hehehehe
    good point.
    as to ford,
    some folks replace ford with chevrolet, depending on what the joke's target population is.

the man died, and he went to heaven.
    and the first soul he sees, is... "...what's that %&#**!! guy doing here! he's my good-for-nothing unruly wife-beating neighbor!"
    and St Peter gently says, "he drove a ford."
    Last edited by dr. d; May 2nd, 2018 at 10:17 AM.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2021
    hi guys, looking to buy a 2017 jetta here in the philippines. kumusta po ang reliability nya. is the parts widely available na, magkano po ba parts nya for example yung timing belt? asking for other jetta owners po and their experiences

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by hnspp View Post
    hi guys, looking to buy a 2017 jetta here in the philippines. kumusta po ang reliability nya. is the parts widely available na, magkano po ba parts nya for example yung timing belt? asking for other jetta owners po and their experiences

May 2016 Jetta 1.6L TDI kaml, wala pa naman advise yung VW-PH na for replacement yung timing belt. Kahit sa labas minsan yung oil change nya, tumatawag pa rin yung casa to say na for maintenance yung car (one a year or every 15k km).

Yung mga sensors may kamahalan at mahirap maghanap so casa lang option. Nasira yung speed sensor kasi na running flat ng sister ni misis. The brake module also got an error so we had it replaced. We bought the part though in the US as it cheaper than in the casa. Aside from those things, the car is doing fine. Matipid sa fuel!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by hnspp View Post

Check facebook there is a VW Jetta and VW Golf car club. Try to join them and ask about their experience. There are already a few shops outside CASA that can source your parts at a way cheaper price, Thou still not as cheap as a Toyota but way cheaper than CASA's robbery price. They also have quite a few upgrade parts for most VW models available here in the phil.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234