New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 1p4TSI View Post
    I like na marami pala Civic type R mas marami kalaro sa road. Played with a red one going up the Carmona sigsag. Kaya pala sumabay ng 1.4 tsi twin charged na stock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Kaya naman unless the guy driving the Civic Type R pushes the car to its limits. There is a big disparity in power output (306hp/400Nm vs 150hp/250Nm). However, in tight slower traffic, such advantage is thrown out the window.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Kaya naman unless the guy driving the Civic Type R pushes the car to its limits. There is a big disparity in power output (306hp/400Nm vs 150hp/250Nm). However, in tight slower traffic, such advantage is thrown out the window.
    Agree. The 150hp 1.4 tsi is the single turbo though. Mine is the twin turbo . No turbo lag and you get a boost very early

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Agree. The 150hp 1.4 tsi is the single turbo though. Mine is the twin turbo . No turbo lag and you get a boost very early

clarify ko lang is the 1.4TSI twin turbo or one turbo and one supercharger in tandem?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    clarify ko lang is the 1.4TSI twin turbo or one turbo and one supercharger in tandem?
    There are two 1.4 TSI engines na lumabas for the Jetta. Yung nauna ay may turbocharger lang at intercooler ... non CTHD engine code. The latest at natsempuhan ko ay CTHD engine code may turbocharger, supercharger na electric controlled for the low band rpm and of course plus the intercooler. The single charge is 150HP while the twin charge is 160HP. With the stage 1 tune it is good for around 209HP to 229HP depends in the fuel octane rating used.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    There are two 1.4 TSI engines na lumabas for the Jetta. Yung nauna ay may turbocharger lang at intercooler ... non CTHD engine code. The latest at natsempuhan ko ay CTHD engine code may turbocharger, supercharger na electric controlled for the low band rpm and of course plus the intercooler. The single charge is 150HP while the twin charge is 160HP. With the stage 1 tune it is good for around 209HP to 229HP depends in the fuel octane rating used.

Oh anyway I should have written twin charged not twin turbo to be more correct.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12