New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Best way to fireproof a beetle?

check mo lagi electricals mo, lalo na ung wirings na malapit sa makina, takpan mo ng rubber matting yung battery mo, esp kung nakalagay sya sa ilalim ng backseat.

then baon ka din ng mini fire extinguisher just in case..

hth..
    Last edited by fukengruven; September 9th, 2004 at 03:25 PM.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    thanks for the advice !!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by beetle
    sirs question lang po, san po ba yung shop sa may marikina? any contact numbers? im planning to have my "inherited" bug repainted, washover. kahit yung medyo cheap lang. a little body works then paint. san po ba pwde? im from monumento. i have a tight budget kase, mga 7k tp 10k lang. maraming salamat po!!!
    Tsong pls do check my pm.

thanks!

4. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    got it sir and replied. tnx.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    anybody know where to get good replacement tires for a '63 VW, the regular ones, yung pwedeng lagyan ng hubcap, di malapad..thanks

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    ei VW pipol,

just recently joined the south side VW club..we met up last saturday night october 2 at the McDo in las pinas (beside the driving range, in front of jollibee)..if any of you out there live in las pinas, paranaque, alabang or pasay..feel free to join us...just email or PM me...

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    from the manila standard (10/18/04)

VW runs on rocket technology

ANTING, China — The Habo No. 1 looks like any one of the legions of Volkswagen sedans in China. But a peek under the hood reveals an array of chrome canisters in place of the usual engine.

The hydrogen peroxide-fueled Habo was one of 150 experimental and advanced-technology vehicles on display at the Challenge Bibendum, an exhibition of eco-friendly cars named for sponsor Michelin’s puffy mascot.

“This car only emits water vapor and oxygen,” said He Limei, project director for Shanghai Habo Chemical Technology Co., which developed the Habo No. 1. “It uses rocket technology.”

Hydrogen peroxide reacts with silver to produce oxygen and heat that can be used to propel a rocket, or a car.

But He admitted the Habo needs a bit more work: the equipment required to run it fills the entire back seat and trunk.

“We only had three months to develop this,” she said. “It’s somewhat lacking aesthetically.”

The event, held at a new Formula One track outside Shanghai, reflects China’s growing awareness of the dark side of its love affair with the car — dependence on imported oil, jampacked roads, cities awash in smog.

Even as booming demand has turned it into the world’s fastest-growing car market, China is pushing to develop alternative fuels. Foreign automakers are preparing to test cars and buses powered by fuel cells and gasoline-electric hybrid engines.

“Using conventional internal combustion engine technology alone will be a source of huge pressure in terms of energy security and environmental protection in China,” said Wan Gang, president of Shanghai’s Tongji University. AP

8. Join Date
    May 2004
    i don't have a bug, i own a bus! Kombi po. I was looking for a roof rack for my van. Saan po kaya makakabili or makakapagpagawa? Any advice or recommendations po? thanks!

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    call this guy, santi 09196212939...ragtop guy ito...

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    bago lang po ako!!! san po may parts na nabibili for VW?

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
any old skool volkswagen peeps? :D