New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    My FB friends and relatives in Cebu are mouthing all about Duterte. I cant blame them. Cebu somehow lost its glory when Garcia and Rama took office. Of course the recent developments are promising (SRP, ATC and the BPO sectors) but my heart sank each time I visited Cebu and witnessed the dilapidated roads and worsening traffic condition.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jack_husain View Post
    this is doubtful. Rappler reported that Duterte lamented that despite having cebuano roots, most of Cebu leaders are not rooting for him. According to the said report, he is related to the Duranos of Danao but even then this political clan supports the candidacy of Grace Poe. The campaign manager of the latter is former Tourism Secretary and former Congressman Ace Durano. On the other hand, the president Bakud party of the Duranos, former Congressman Red Durano is endorsing Poe. What more, according to the same report, the incumbent Vice-Governor of Cebu, Agnes Almendras- Magpale, who is a cousin of Duterte supports the candidacy of Roxas.

Agnes Almendras-Magpale is the sister of Rene Almendras, now the Acting Secretary of the Department of Foreign Affairs. He was Secretary to the Cabinet of PNoy before he was appointed to his present position.

A report said that the only politician supporting the candidacy of Duterte in Cebu is Titing Tumulak. Because of his family name, he must be related to Bishop Leopoldo Tumulak. But, this is doubtful, too. I don't believe it myself.
    hahaha, you should be reading /watching the news lately bai, ONE CEBU had just professed their all out support to DIGONG, perhaps it might be time for you to stay even for just a week and go around cebu for once as well, you'll pickup some sentiments on how the common cebuano has fix his idea on whose to vote for.

I am not speaking in anyway to any political party, i'm just trying to say duterte here in Cebu has a growing mass supporters, silent and ready to stand up when the election day comes.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    Bai, Duterte could be the next president but do you really think he can deliver his promise on eradicating crime in 6 months? Unsa jud ang imong kaugalingon nga opinion?

I have been living in Manila for 10 years and even majority here is rooting for Duterte. What I am worried about is that Duterte may be promising the moon and the stars.

brad, you worry too much, yes digong might be eating up his promises (more than he can chew it), but if you listen to the words of other presidentiables, don't you say them as doing the same... 'bibigyan ko ng trabaho ang", hindi na kailangan mag abroad pa ' or hindi na kailangan ang INCOME TAX', those are propagandas to sweeten up the pot.

I agree w/ you and yes I am worried if digong might not live up to his words, but then again, before we judge a person wouldn't you agree if you can give that person a chance first, if he can redeem his promise or not???

anyway, banking on his promises and him not living up on it, you can bet a lot of people will go down the streets to rally against him for that kung d nya ma keep iyang promise jud..

I say, give him a chance sa... a lot of past presidents have all their promises man sad, its not that he's the only president who promised something, politicians are mostly liars, but we have to choose the lesser of the most evil of all...

4. Join Date
    May 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by joshbonz View Post
    brad, you worry too much, yes digong might be eating up his promises (more than he can chew it), but if you listen to the words of other presidentiables, don't you say them as doing the same... 'bibigyan ko ng trabaho ang", hindi na kailangan mag abroad pa ' or hindi na kailangan ang INCOME TAX', those are propagandas to sweeten up the pot.

I agree w/ you and yes I am worried if digong might not live up to his words, but then again, before we judge a person wouldn't you agree if you can give that person a chance first, if he can redeem his promise or not???

anyway, banking on his promises and him not living up on it, you can bet a lot of people will go down the streets to rally against him for that kung d nya ma keep iyang promise jud..

I say, give him a chance sa... a lot of past presidents have all their promises man sad, its not that he's the only president who promised something, politicians are mostly liars, but we have to choose the lesser of the most evil of all...
    100% agree ko ani!!

Asa na mga taga cebu dri? Bisdako dri! Taga talisay. Kamo mga boss, taga asa mo sa cebu????

5. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Dugay na ko wa sa Cebu

Taga Mandaue mi nyor

6. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Taga Cebu sad q. Sa escario q stay. I think most of cebuanos ky naa sa istorya.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Taga Inayawan ko bai, duol sa SRP.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Cebu tsikot asa na kayo?

Sagul sagul ang bisaya nimo dong.

Asa na mo is bisaya

Linti diin na kamo is even more bisaya.

Learn and submerge in a dialect properly

Kung cebuano ka