New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Just a question guys. It seems like there are threads kasi that are jumbled into other sections that are classic/vintage/musclecar in nature. there may be enough of a following to warrant just a section on the subject since the tech and other specific questions get drowned among more (for lack of a term) everyday vehicles.

What do you think? even a car show just has sections dedicted to old tin.

pero it doesnt have to have sub sections since it is quite a niche thing and may not have the volume of other sections...yet still have questions that get shunted to other sections and drown

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Definitely!

A section like this can contribute to the soul of Tsikot.com

There are quite a number of enthusiasts out there who would love to show their non-racing project vintage cars. It would also be more interesting if we could follow some works in progress until its launching!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002

One thing comes to mind though, how do we classify if a car is a classic? Age? Cult Following?
    Some would argue that the 80s cars are classics na, some 70s etc

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Chip View Post

One thing comes to mind though, how do we classify if a car is a classic? Age? Cult Following?
    Some would argue that the 80s cars are classics na, some 70s etc
    Maybe we can ask the Vintage car club guys for a definition. However, if it is a section, we can maybe also qualify that...say...it is for cars at least 20years old...give or take a few years? will that effectively make a KIA pride ineligible? Maybe it should be an age of car thing since there are different classics for different people. Like a celeste which has its own following here. Not sure if outside. But to some here it is a classic.

personally, I am into american iron

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    I accidentally came across a classic car site about two years ago when my father-in-law asked me to look for a site that he can post his partially refurbished 1938 Opel Kadett.

The classic car site said that the new classification of "vintage cars" in the US is that the car should be at least 50 years old. So I guess the some cars from the 1950's like a 1952 Packard is already considered vintage.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis Raines View Post
    I accidentally came across a classic car site about two years ago when my father-in-law asked me to look for a site that he can post his partially refurbished 1938 Opel Kadett.

The classic car site said that the new classification of "vintage cars" in the US is that the car should be at least 50 years old. So I guess the some cars from the 1950's like a 1952 Packard is already considered vintage.
    Thanks. As you noted there must be classifications of this online. Something a bit of research will be able to unearth.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Well... for starters you guys can just start a "classic cars" thread... and let's see if it warrants enough traffic for a separate forum.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    Well... for starters you guys can just start a "classic cars" thread... and let's see if it warrants enough traffic for a separate forum.
    Shall we put that thread in the Car Talk section? And also i suppose we can be allowed a bit of latitude and discuss some other things that will normally not be allowed in that section. Like tech and detailing, non-section specific stuff, etc?

parang mini section kasi and better to consolidate diba?

can one of you also endorse it as a trial thread?
    Last edited by midinite; October 31st, 2006 at 06:55 PM. Reason: accuracy

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    started the thread entitled - Who loves classic cars?...

hope it generates the traffic you are looking for...so we need to set objectives?
    frequency of traffic? posts?
    Last edited by midinite; October 31st, 2006 at 07:20 PM. Reason: refine

Should there be a section for classic cars in Tsikot?