New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    For those with links/URL in their signatures, try editing your signature. Finished? It won't save right? :pcwhack:

Yep... [size=5]URLs in your signature are not allowed anymore here[/size] (but if you don't edit your old signature with URLs it'll still work). So what gives?

The other restrictions are livable and helps police the community (like the one image thing). But the others are quite puzzling (disabling the size bb code when in the first place I just want to [SIZE="1"]reduce the size of my fonts[/SIZE] ; limiting the line count to 3 is fine... but when you start counting the unedited line with all the url & bb codes it is more than that).

I am also a member of different local & international online communities... but this is the first time that I've encountered the disabling of URLs. :shocked2:

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    If my memory serves me right, Jedi./Tsikot gave us a heads-up someways back that URLs would no longer be allowed as part of new signatures when the "new" Tsikot was launched. Although I don't remember the exact reason for this, this might be because URLs in signatures slowed the "old" Tsikot site down.

Maybe Jedi/Tsikot can shed light on this.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hmmm... am not sure if URLs in the signature would cause a big degradation in the access speed of the forums.

If that's so, then remove also the hot linking of pictures & video embedding for all posts. Isn't that more resource intensive than a simple URL?
    Last edited by mazdamazda; January 2nd, 2008 at 10:12 AM.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    Hmmm... am not sure if URLs in the signature would cause a big degradation in the access speed of the forums.

If that's so, then remove also the hot linking of pictures & video embedding for all posts. Isn't that more resource intensive than a simple URL?
    Personally, I agree that these hotlinked vids and large-sized pics contribute to performance degradation. If my memory serves me right, I think we have rules on this but are not being followed/implemented religiously. I think that the owners of our community thought about removing this feature but had second thoughts about it. Not sure. Anyway, let's just wait for the response of Jedi and/or Tsikot.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    :poke:

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Btw, the URL bb code is also disabled in the shoutbox.

:poke:

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Why don't you guys just execute the script other forums are running? One that only shows signatures in the first post on the page.

Or even better... do what we did on another forum... the move for "tidy sigs"... limit sigs to three lines, and disallow any photos in sigs... completely.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    there seems to be more important things than usability these days...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    :tumbleweed:

Restrictions in the Signature