New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Use the "New Posts" button on the top bar. It's what all the oldies do.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Loading time is now a whole lot faster.

Parang google na

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Congrats to tsikot for hitting the Millionth mark! We are one with you in improving this community! More power! :D

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mikey177 View Post
    For me, since the loading time of Tsikot is slow (due to Kontera.com, I suspect) compared to other forums I visit, further organizing topics into sub-folders makes it more tedious and time-consuming for me to browse through topics. As a result, I tend to not open sub-folders anymore, especially in the Car Talk forum.

YMMV.
    I agree with this. Thumbs down on the new car-talk segment for me, it's too organized for its own good. The average visitor isn't going to click through each of those segments just to find one interesting tidbit, and by segmenting car talk into per-make forums we lose an avenue for what you might call "general car discussion".

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Congratulations to everyone! especially to the organizers of this tsikot.com...thanks for the efforts exerted...mabuhay kyo!!!

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Use the "New Posts" button on the top bar. It's what all the oldies do.
    That only gives you the last 11 posts across all the forums! You'd be lucky to get the most recent 5 entries in from car talk that way. The main forums page gives a better view of recent car talk posts than the new posts button.

From what I see, the new posts button is actually a shortcut to search for the most recent 11 posts across all forums. Maybe its possible to change the "car talk" link to a similar search (say the most recent 25 posts across car talk), since the car talk itself doesn't contain any posts, only links to subforums. At least this way we can read car talk the old way, even if posting requires going into the appropriate subforum first.

My 2c.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ...Thanks to Tsikot.com

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Parang mas gusto ko dati yung interface ng tsikot when everything is easy with one click and you're already there, ngayon kasi when you click on a forum tapos may sub-forum pa na you have to click medyo nakakalito dahil ngayon it is very specific ang thread, say example you go to Car Talk forum then you will see sub forum of different brand of cars. Members and Guess alike tend to be separated and it is not easy if you just want to browse around.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    i think the posts speak for itself 2-3 new posts per subcategory per day is not really effective. this forum will die sooner than we think

10. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    mas gusto ko rin yung dati. opinion ko lang po.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Responding to a Milestone: Tsikot Forums Reorganization