New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by juntzo View Post
    what happens though if a mod will not use quotes? :evillaugh
    Give them infraction then ban them pag talagang matigas ang ulo.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    i'm down with this..

3. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    No comment! Naka isang post lang yata ako di na naulit.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by juntzo View Post
    will abide by the rules!
    what happens though if a mod will not use quotes? :evillaugh
    i'm seeing long posts with source links but no quotes on copy/pastes' lately
    Click on the report button on the post. Read the first post if you can't find it. We'll take care of that. Thanks!

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    ok to ah

6. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Are you serious with this? Try posting an article using a touchpad.

Anyway, very heavy handed way of handling this type of matter. By immediately issuing an infraction without a warning, this type of issue becomes bigger than what it should be.
    I'm all for proper moderating of forums but this is aggravating. lurker mode on.

I'll also remove my Tsikot sticker from my car.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by bender View Post
    Are you serious with this?
    yes.

Try posting an article using a touchpad.
    You can complain about your touchpad.

And then the next guy will complain about his smart-phone's keypad.

You can still post the proper way but it takes longer. I have a netbook and I still do the same thing as if I post from my desktop PC.

The rules were written with a reason.

Anyway, very heavy handed way of handling this type of matter. By immediately issuing an infraction without a warning, this type of issue becomes bigger than what it should be.
    I'm all for proper moderating of forums but this is aggravating. lurker mode on.
    The rules have been there. If you want to join in the forums, you will have to abide by the rules of the forums.

Consider infractions as "warnings" on specific actions done. Consider them just a reminder.

I'll also remove my Tsikot sticker from my car.
    That is your decision.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; September 23rd, 2010 at 03:38 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    I have no problems with proper attribution of articles. I actually detest the way one of our Supreme court judge handled the recent case of plagiarism as if it didn't happened.
    I'm ok with a warning rather than an infraction since we all need reminders to follow the rules.
    Thank you for acknowledging and understanding that it takes additional effort in posting articles using touch devices.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Since i've been given an infraction rather than a warning, I've found the treatment to be heavy handed and i've been offended for the 1st time ever since I started posting in any forum. I was proud to be a member of the forum and would try to participate in official events if it was at a motorshow that I was attending.
    However, I've given it time and i'm still offended. Deleting my post and giving me an infraction in less than 5 minutes after I posted is insulting and more suited to an insult or NSFW post. Why not give a reminder GH? An infraction is an infraction.
    It's not as if I didn't take the time to think and to write posts which would contribute or at least be interesting. I've honestly enjoyed my time here but i'm really more into movies and photography. This is my last post. Bye Tsikot. I will try to read from time to time but only as a guest.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by bender View Post
    Since i've been given an infraction rather than a warning, I've found the treatment to be heavy handed and i've been offended for the 1st time ever since I started posting in any forum. I was proud to be a member of the forum and would try to participate in official events if it was at a motorshow that I was attending.
    However, I've given it time and i'm still offended. Deleting my post and giving me an infraction in less than 5 minutes after I posted is insulting and more suited to an insult or NSFW post. Why not give a reminder GH? An infraction is an infraction.
    It's not as if I didn't take the time to think and to write posts which would contribute or at least be interesting. I've honestly enjoyed my time here but i'm really more into movies and photography. This is my last post. Bye Tsikot. I will try to read from time to time but only as a guest.

You are a member of this message board since 2004.

It is the member's responsibility to know and follow the rules of the message board.

It is the mod's job (among others) to keep the members on the rules.

Yet getting a single infraction bothers you so much?

That has been the way it has been done for a while now.

You complain when it is YOU who receives an infraction notice.

The mods cannot spend the time & effort to creating a SPECIAL warning for every Tom, Dick and Harry.

The mods cannot baby every newbie on the rules of the board.

This is not personal.

But if you still feel that way, that is your decision on the matter.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Posting Articles (e.g. copy and paste material)