New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    OT:

Eto nakita ko sa resume ng applicant dati when i looking for developers for my team.

Languages Spoken: English, Filipino, C# (read as C Sharp >> a programming language)

Huwaw sa takot ko hindi ko ininterview baka mamya banatan ako ng if...elseif..else

Balik sa topic. I think its the poster's responsibility to assess kung san mas maiintindihan yung post nya.

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    For me, there is no rule of thumb for a forum like this with regards to writing in the English language or not.

This is a free-spirited forum! Everybody should respect each other and of course how we express our thoughts through writing...

Just like me, if I feel like writing in Tagalog, I will, but am not very good at it so sometimes its a bit Taglish... (hehehehe)

If you want to improve yourself where you are weak go out and practice... Make it good!

"Practice makes perfect" as they say and you can't go wrong with that! Everybody can do it!
    Last edited by LadyRider; January 26th, 2008 at 09:36 PM.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    nice posts everyone, keep 'em coming.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    E kasi naman po, ang medium ng tsikot ay 90% english and 99.9% of us here are not englishmen/americans [some americans ay mahina din sa grammar]kaya minsan may mga mali sa grammar,construction and what
    about the correct usage of comma,punctuation mark,period,hypertense etc.
    ang iba dire-diretso lang alang preno at nakakahingal basahin pero it didn't
    bothered me at all...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyRider View Post

"Practice makes perfect" as they say and you can't go wrong with that! Everybody can do it!
    may kasabihan nga daw na "Practice makes Perfect... but nobody is Perfect... so why Practice" hehehe

seriously, sa tsikot naman walang certain rule... basta maiintindihan ng readers ang post ok lang... huwag lang pang SMS ang dating

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Communication is always a challenge.

Sabi nga nila,- ang pinaka-effective na style sa ating bansa ay taglish....

5202:threadmil:

7. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    theres nothing wrong with someone trying to post in english.dont matter if the grammar is all wrong or the punctuations are there or not.i could care less if its right or wrong as long as i can understand the question.
    the problem is the other posters that chimes in and makes comments like"madugo" or "my ears bled trying to read that"
    its those comments that gets to me.
    if you dont/cant understand the question/post...is it really nessesary to post a comment like that?
    i mean,if you cant/dont understand it..just leave it alone.now...if you cant/dont understand it and want to really help..then ask the TS to please clarify his/her question.no need to mke deragotory comments or take pot shots on the TS cause hes grammar,punctuations is all wrong.
    as you can see..im one of those people that hardly use punctuations.you dont have to hold your breath and keep on reading until you hit a period.it wont kill you to pause..take a breather and then cotinue reading
    im just like jun aka pekto in relation to place of birth.and i really could care less about typing the right grammar,punctuations and spellings.why?cause this is a forum and not english 101.
    i dont mind someone asking me to clarify my question or query.i wont get offended at all.
    ive been a member of alot of car forums(mostly amrican car forums)and they dont care about grammar,punctuations and spelling.(and trust me..americans are th worse when it comes to grammar and spelling) and only a pinoy forum really pay way too much attentin about english grammar and the likes.
    i can understand that to a point but pinoy forums are just way too anal about it.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Filipinos who are abroad are required to write and speak this language fluently so it becomes next to natural thing for most of them when writing English. It's still a matter of choice, if others can why not? Though I'm comfortable with the Tag-lish combo na.

9. Join Date
    May 2007
    Pilipino naws a day ar bery komon in inglis, lok arawnd yo nat a singel pinoy kud spek a pyor tagalog. Pis da trut dat tagalog is daying langwids an mos reson is de dont no da words. Yang wans are bery por in vocabulary an word mining whin it kams to tagalog.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    ^seriously?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
TO post in english or not, that is the question