New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Lagyan niyo pa rin na para sa mga old skul na kotse...:D

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    medyo nalito nga ako sa bagong setup.. ang isang advantage na maganda sa setup na ito eh hindi matatabunan yung isang thread.. kaso tama nga kayo.. medyo less interaction na... mas tinitignan ko yung left side for new post..

guys, kung gusto ninyo mapabilis ang load ng page ninyo, i-disable ninyo yung PICTURES sa sa web browser ninyo temporary lalo na sa mga naka modem, kung minsan kasi eh gusto mo lang mag read at post without checking the pictures or graphics..

sa Internet explorer, go to
    TOOLS
    INTERNET OPTIONS
    click on ADVANCE tab
    under ng multimedia, disable PICTURES..

eto madalas ginagawa ko para mabilis mag load ang tsikot..

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tsikot.com could use some speed, this is true...

because, presently, it is hosted locally in yehey servers. so the routing is longer... from the philippines to the states and back to the philippines... back and forth, everytime...

don't worry! sometime this month, all pinoyforums communities (tsikot.com, ustexchange.com, pnioypride.org, uaapforums.com and pinaytalk.com) will be transferring to the states, where the present yehey.com site is hosted (and guaranteeing us much faster access and uptime of 99.9%++).

this will shorten the routing, improve our access and speed up the loading of pages. this, aside from the reformating of our forums, is in preparation for our long-term growth and expansion.

for the meantime, we ask for your patience...

all the changes you are seeing now are part of tsikot.com's preparation for the future. tsikot.com has to evolve, otherwise, it can easily stagnate and fade away...

thank you.

:car:

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Originally posted by boybi
    hindi ba mas mawawalan ng interaction yung ganitong format?
    pansin ko nga.
    miss ko yung dating format that was, at a glance, flooded with varied topics/threads.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    saka bakit nawala yung signature pics ko :confused:

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sir tsikot, pwede kayang imbes na goto to last post yung arrow na ito , gawin nalang go to last unread post? para kahit na ilan araw hindi nakapag login ang isang member, mapupuntahan nya yung naiwan nyang post.
    Signature

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by 109
    pansin ko nga.
    miss ko yung dating format that was, at a glance, flooded with varied topics/threads.
    in a few years, this will be unmanageable. Many threads can easily be buried under tons of new threads if they are all placed in one forum.

most members visit the boards only once a day, but usually less frequently. in the future, if a member browses this mega-forum (the former Car Talk) after a lapse of 24 hours or more, he will not see many threads since they would have moved to the inside pages. he would either have to use the search function (search or 'new posts) or click the page navigation buttons. in either case, he would still be browsing more pages.

and the threads will be hodge-podge, labo-labo. it will be hard to search for something you don't know. in the new set-up, the threads will somewhat be arranged in an orderly way...

as for your signature images...

the gallery's anti-leeching mode has been turned on to conserve bandwidth. we have been monitoring bandwidth usage and a lot can be attributed to tsikot's images being 'hi-jacked' or 'hot-linked' in other sites.

however, this setting is global and not selective. even in tsikot pages, images from the gallery may not be 'hot-linked'.

i suggest that you upload the photos to another photo site/server, edit your signature and link from their.

i hope this helps....

thank you.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    naintindihan ko na, tnx.

i'm fond of posting pics, just remind me if i'm doing it abusively?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nope... you may post as many pics as your heart desires...

we welcome them!

thanks!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
New Title: Tsikot Forum Format Changes Discussion