New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mga gods of tsikot, the right-click button doesn't seem to be working on pics uploaded to the gallery. i found this out while trying to remote link one of my pics to a thread.

is this intentional? are we trying to save bandwidth by disabling remote linking? o bobo lang talaga ako?

don't answer that last question

i totally understand if we're trying to save bandwidth, i just wanted to make sure nothing was wrong. i can always use a pic hosting service.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    let's wait for our admins for their update about this.

though I found a workaround for this...

are you trying to post this?

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    di kaya to minimize hot linking images?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yes one reason is the massive hotlinking na ginagawa ng ibang members, yung iba kasi kahit wala pang post sa forums, they are posting their images here and use it sa ibang forums.

we will find a way para magamit sa mga tsikot forum threads yung mga images.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    thank you sirs. i figured that was the reason - it makes perfect sense to me and i personally don't think we should tolerate this kind of bandwidth leeching. i myself only post images that i would like to share with other tsikot members and try not to hotlink it anywhere else.

maybe we should delete these photos or not allow non-participating members to post photos? just a thought. it's frustrating that the actions of people who aren't 'real' members make the site slow and unusable for the people who actually contribute to the community...

anyway, in the meantime i'll use imageshack to host my photos.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    siguro naman baka pwedeng lagyan natin ng qualifications yung mga members na pwedeng mag-hot link ng images. gaya ng ginagawa sa mga members na gustong mag-modify ng avatar. let's say yung mga members na may 150 posts and above, or yung mga active members (those who access tsikot.com 7 times a week). i'm sure our admins can find a way para mabalik yung hot linking feature ng gallery. thanx.

can't right-click on gallery images...