New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    FWIW, if you introduce an incentive system like TCash or whatever, there's bound to be people who will want to exploit it. Though sometimes it's hard to determine the true intentions of people who do it (mistakenly, intentionally, etc we don't really know) I think warnings should be given. Automatic banning of people for their ignorance only adds to the conflict of interest: you want people to post and yet if they commit a mistake they automatically get banned.

The diesel & SUV/AUV section is where I think Old Blue mentioned he wanted to get banned.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    next victim: yung mga mahilig magpost ng nonsense :banned: :devil:

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    seryoso pala marami dito sa tcash.

memo to self: read the details of the tcash incentive program

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    FWIW, if you introduce an incentive system like TCash or whatever, there's bound to be people who will want to exploit it. Though sometimes it's hard to determine the true intentions of people who do it (mistakenly, intentionally, etc we don't really know) I think warnings should be given. Automatic banning of people for their ignorance only adds to the conflict of interest: you want people to post and yet if they commit a mistake they automatically get banned.

The diesel & SUV/AUV section is where I think Old Blue mentioned he wanted to get banned.
    FYI, oldblue was not automatically banned. oldblue was given warning by mazda and other mods yet he chose to ignore it. In fact, oldblue has been given countless warnings in the past - so with other Tsikoteers. In fact, I gave him and Bluebimmer a stern warning days ago for fighting at the shoutbox.

Warnings given to members don't appear on threads not unless the warning is given as a reply to a post on a thread. Warnings are received by members as PMs.

However, people getting automatically banned can and will happen. Examples of which include, but not limited to:

• people blatantly spamming threads/forums/boards with advertisements
    • people who insult other members using vulgar and profane language
    • people who intentionally put ****ographic pictures on threads
    • people who intentionally and willfully flame bait and troll.
    • people who know the community rules yet choose not to obey them at all times.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by M54 Powered View Post
    next victim: yung mga mahilig magpost ng nonsense :banned: :devil:
    I wouldn't say victim. Next in line maybe. Pero the mods would give warnings and/or delete their threads first before discussing to ban the person or not.
    Last edited by nicolodeon; September 12th, 2007 at 11:35 AM.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    OB can re-register naman. Baka "newblue" na new handle nya ngayon, hehehe. Pero sayang lang yung naipon nyang TCash. Pwede bang i-donate na lang yon?

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by nicolodeon View Post
    FYI, oldblue was not automatically banned. oldblue was given warning by mazda and other mods yet he chose to ignore it. In fact, oldblue has been given countless warnings in the past - so with other Tsikoteers. In fact, I gave him and Bluebimmer a stern warning days ago for fighting at the shoutbox.

Warnings given to members don't appear on threads not unless the warning is given as a reply to a post on a thread. Warnings are received by members as PMs.

However, people getting automatically banned can and will happen. Examples of which include, but not limited to:
    • people blatantly spamming threads/forums/boards with advertisements
    • people who insult other members using vulgar and profane language
    • people who intentionally put ****ographic pictures on threads
    • people who intentionally and willfully flame bait and troll.
    • people who know the community rules yet choose not to obey them at all times.
    I actually saw the mention of a warning but I didn't know about the shoutbox incident nor the other warnings via PM. Of course this is done to respect the individuals involved, and that is completely understandable. Oh well he probably had it coming.

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
    OB can re-register naman. Baka "newblue" na new handle nya ngayon, hehehe. Pero sayang lang yung naipon nyang TCash. Pwede bang i-donate na lang yon?
    it was mentioned that it was just a TEMPORARY ban... so no need to re-register.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
    As I've said in another thread, it's only a temporary ban (for 3 days).

If he registers as another user without waiting for his ban to expire, we'll just ban permanently his new account and can be grounds to further increase his ban time.

Quote Originally Posted by mbiege
    Yes I read that but I don't think at that time that he warrants a ban.

His last antic is the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back.

OT:

For curiosity's sake, can somebody post the avatar(i prefer to look for the avatar than the username) of OB. I cant find his username on the member's list. Is it because he is banned?

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Banned na ba si OB?!