New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    We will be fully utilizing this bulletin board's built-in community feature of Groups for Car Clubs, interest groups and advocacies. As a backgrounder, let me give an introduction about Tsikot Clubs and Groups:

What is a Tsikot Group or Club?

A Group is a group of people usually with a particular interest or something else in common. It provides a way of communicating between members as well as sharing photos or other images.

You can get to the list through 'Group Memberships' section on your public profile.

The Groups list page displays all groups that have been created. You can list the groups by the number of members, messages or pictures, the group name, when the group was created or by the date of the most recent message posted. You can use the controls provided to search for a group.

How do I join a group?

To join a group, click the group title then click 'Join Group'. When you have joined a group, its name will be shown in your public profile. You must be a logged-in, registered member to join groups.

Can I create my own Group?

As a registered member, you can create your own Group (providing the administrator allows this). Go to the groups page and click 'Create A New Group'. Complete the title and description for your group then select the type. There are three types of groups:

Public - open to everyone. There is no restriction on who can join or who can post messages to it
    Invite Only - require an invitation to be sent to join them. Invitations can only be sent by the group creator or forum moderators and administrators. Invitations are sent by clicking 'Pending & Invited Members' at the bottom of the page for that individual group
    Moderated - open to everyone to join but messages need to be moderated before they will appear. They are moderated by the group creator and the site moderators and administrators

As of the moment, members with tsikoteer status alone can create groups. We will be posting more information regarding this.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    There are four categories of groups and clubs for the meantime:

Car Manufacturer / Model Group
    Geographical Location Groups
    Interests / Advocacies Groups
    School / Company / Organization Groups

For the current forum moderators and club leaders of the following car clubs:

Avanza Club Pilipinas
    Tucson Philippines
    Club Yaris Philippines
    DieselClub.Org
    GetzClub Philippines
    Hilux Club of the Philippines
    Hyundai Sta. Fe Club of the Philippines
    Innova Club of the Philippines
    Strada Club of the Philippines

We strongly encourage you to create you own Car Club within Tsikot Groups, and set it to the type that is most appropriate for your club: Public, Invite Only or Moderated.

With the setting up and activation of Tsikot groups, the Car Clubs Forum will eventually be phased out to have an orderly section where the different Car clubs and groups can control their groups themselves: inviting members, moderating threads and images, etc.

Don't worry. The present forums and threads within the Car Clubs Forum can always be accessed. They will just be closed for thread posting and replying.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by tsikot View Post

As of the moment, members with tsikoteer status alone can create groups. We will be posting more information regarding this.
    My bad, as it appears I do not have the right to create a "Tsikot Lawyers" group in view of the above-quoted requirement.

I am just a lowly member of Tsikot despite having been here since 2008. I guess its my fault and its me, and only me, to blame as I simply post on topics which i think will be worth reading and spending time to share ideas and thoughts...

For now, I will just hope that a reconsideration on this aspect will be appreciated or a lawyer with tsikoteer status will initiate the creation of a group like what i intimated...Otherwise, I think I will now start posting even on threads which I really find not suitable for my age...

regards to all..

phezthie

4. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    do Pinoy Expats Auto Club for Enthusiast (formerly Emirates) -P.E.A.C.E. eligible to join here?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    phezthie,

Yup, i guess that's the only way to go about it. Look for someone who belongs to the Tsikoteer usergroup to create the Tsikot Lawyers Group.

Or wait for the TMarket to be set-up where privileges like Group creation can be 'purchased' with points.

Quote Originally Posted by phezthie View Post
    My bad, as it appears I do not have the right to create a "Tsikot Lawyers" group in view of the above-quoted requirement.

I am just a lowly member of Tsikot despite having been here since 2008. I guess its my fault and its me, and only me, to blame as I simply post on topics which i think will be worth reading and spending time to share ideas and thoughts...

For now, I will just hope that a reconsideration on this aspect will be appreciated or a lawyer with tsikoteer status will initiate the creation of a group like what i intimated...Otherwise, I think I will now start posting even on threads which I really find not suitable for my age...

regards to all..

phezthie

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Everyone (with the necessary privileges) is welcome to form a group here. I strongly suggest that you create the PEACE Global group in tsikot now.

welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Pajoz View Post
    do Pinoy Expats Auto Club for Enthusiast (formerly Emirates) -P.E.A.C.E. eligible to join here?