New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    we hiked that place as a boy scout. Took us about 3 hours toget just below the top.Around the area of the first pic. Stayed 3 days and 2 nights.It gets very windy and exceedingly cold at nights. Big bonfires needed at night.Sweaters and blankets were not enough to keep the cold out. Can view pangasinan only on a clear day.On the ravine on the right side of the first pic, there use to be running water there where you can wash up ,very cold though. Not really enjoyable cause all you can remember is the cold.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger

the roads are in good shape since they are maintained by the TelCos . . . . except for that final wooden bridge, they have to buy a small bailey bridge or something. (These photos were taken August 2004 pa)

have fun guys !
    jaeger, that's not a bailey bridge, hehe. Mga patpat lang yan , supported by a couple of discarded tower section and mast. That's the final leg of the road up to Mount Santo Tomas, just before the driveway up the Eastern Telecomms site. When the road gave way back in the early 90's, the foot trail was on the right side of the peak.

The lower peak is Mount Cabuyao.
    Last edited by StraightSix; October 8th, 2005 at 05:52 PM.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    hehe...OT straightsix remember our DXpedition at mt. sto. tomas?

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by amboy
    hehe...OT straightsix remember our DXpedition at mt. sto. tomas?
    Syempre naman ... wasn't it you who took the reading? 9 degrees C ba? That was fun. I remember ourselves weighed down with all our gears, kumpleto jackets, tents, sleeping bags, etc. ... and Patrick coming along just wearing a shirt, jeans and sandals. Tapos, siya pa ang pinagpawisan during the night while we ended with near-frozen nuts.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by StraightSix
    Syempre naman ... wasn't it you who took the reading? 9 degrees C ba? That was fun. I remember ourselves weighed down with all our gears, kumpleto jackets, tents, sleeping bags, etc. ... and Patrick coming along just wearing a shirt, jeans and sandals. Tapos, siya pa ang pinagpawisan during the night while we ended with near-frozen nuts.
    hehe yeah i remember that we were frozen stiff si pat eh naghukay lang sa lupa ayos na! hehe anyway i still have our longest haul trophy here in the house!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    John Hay is still the best...no traffic, pollution, no parking problem, safe and secure...visit Diner's Filling Station...for Hotshots Burgers and Good Figaro coffee...great outdoor siting area.....
    Quote Originally Posted by erict
    SM Baguio na talaga ang pinaka-landmark dyan sa Baguio

nakakalungkot isipin pero yan na talaga ang pinaka-sentro ng mga gimikan dyan.

- Ibay's the best silvershop in Baguio.
    - Saturday lunch time sa PMA at wag ibang araw at ibang time.
    - mga chikies? heheh..dyan lang sa may Chowking ang mga yan.

i missed the old John Hay

Bad trip sa Baguio.
    - parking space lalo na yung mga maroon boys na mga tauhan ng Jadewell, nde naman dapat sila maningil sa mga parking doon sa mga tourist spots. isipin mo kung pupunta ka ng Imelda's park, magbabayad ka ng parking, pagpunta mo ng Wright Park(yung merong mga kabayo) bayad ka ulit, pagpunta mo ng Mines' view bayad na naman...leche talga!!!
    -color coding! ano na ba talaga ang totoo dito? yung iba sabi nila exempted ang mga private cars...hayyy!!!

I'll be in Baguio from Oct. 15-26.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hello, I'm back! Our group stayed at Star Mountain Hotel sa Quezon Hill. Madami din kaming activities so ito lang mga napuntahan ko:

*Palengke
    *Maharlika Center
    *SM
    *PMA
    *John Hay
    *Burnham

Syempre yung mga foodstuff sa Tantamco's ako bumili (kamag-anak kasi). hehehe.

I'm looking forward to going back hopefully before year ends. Ang ganda talaga sa Baguio. But I miss not having a vehicle. Nag-Victory liner kami papunta. Ok naman ang mga taxi. Bihira ako maka-tiyempo ng bulok.

Sana talaga makabalik ulit. Sarap sa Baguio!

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    wow baguio!!!miss ko na john hay...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Btw, yung Radar station naakyat ko dati using one of the very first GEN I Pajeros imported into the country. hehehe. Kaso bata pa ko nun. Wala ngang may alam kung ano ang Pajero that time. Mas pinagkakaguluhan pa yung Hi-lux na kasama namin (bagong import din).

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ganda dyan sa sto.tomas. kung umabot kayo sa RPN 9 tower you can see San fernando la union from there.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Will be in Baguio Oct. 6-10, 2005...ano ba maganda gawin?