New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    May mga flyovers na nga sa baguio hehehe. ALOT has really changed!!! Esp. the smog hehe Dati yun maharlika ang premier shopping place, ngayon naglalakihang mga buildings and malls pinatayo. nakakatakot na mangyari uli yun "hyatt" at magcollapse mga buildings pag may earthquake. tapos yun mga mountain side, puro bahay na...

Miss ko rin yun mile high ng old john hay... and the small halfcourt basketball court sa likod ng john hay, the one beside the fire station. It used to be so easy to play basketball there

May mga untouched parts naman ng baguio... like... um.... hmm... wala na ata

John Hay is still a good way to enjoy "the old baguio" tambay sa starbucks dun esp. in the afternoon where it rains at dama mo yun lamig.. sarap magcape. madami pa yun mga pine trees dun and you can still smell the scent of the trees-its still free hehehe ala pa bayad unlike most parts of john hay(members only ).

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Dahil sa flyovers, nagmukhang masikip ang downtown.

Miss ko rin yung annual fireworks display. Yung kapag nasindihan at nagliyab na yung mga stalls ng fireworks vendors. Na-miss ko rin nung bumaha sa Burnham/Maharlika, hehehe ... na-miss ko kasi hindi ako lumabas ng bahay para maki-uzi.

Hindi ko miss yung 1990 earthquake kasi muntik na kaming mamatay. Hindi ko rin miss ang sayote ... maraming nabibili dito sa England

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    sir otep, by the time you read this e nasa baguio ka na. If you have half day free and you have your 4x4 with you, I suggest you go up Mt. Sto. Tomas- pleasant interesting drive.

Take the road going to Green Valley from Marcos Highway then ask the guard at the Green Valley entrance gate to point to you the fork leading up to the two huge radar masts - its an easy drive, interesting flora and fauna.

If you get more adventurous, after the 2 radar masts, continue on to the 2nd peak - the road is in good condition. You'll see a massive granite peak that's very steep - like a giant inverted cone - awesome. The road then skirts around this granite peak and continue on . . . this is a photo of the 2nd peak after you pass the inverted granite cone

. . . . after the tight snake-like S-road stop here . . . .

. . . . and DON'T cross the wooden bridge coz the soil has eroded from under this bridge . . . .

Continue on foot for around 200 meters the you'll see the massive towers of our TelCos - Smart/Globe/etc. very nice view here! . . . . . and . . . . you're high up above the clouds already !
    Last edited by jaeger; October 7th, 2005 at 10:47 AM.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    i've never been here! what an irony

susubukan ko to pag nauwi ako sa amin

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Been to Mt. Sto. Tomas almost 20 yrs. ago, if I remember correctly parang dirt road pa siya ata noon, Maganda na ba ang daan ngayon?

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I posted some photos to make this more descriptive and remember DON'T cross this bridge !!!! or you'll fall down sa bangin ! Hindi noticeable na busted yung bridge from inside your 4x4 kasi you'll see the bridge coming from a tight curved road. you have to step out to actually see the condition of the bridge.

the roads are in good shape since they are maintained by the TelCos . . . . except for that final wooden bridge, they have to buy a small bailey bridge or something. (These photos were taken August 2004 pa)

have fun guys !
    Last edited by jaeger; October 7th, 2005 at 11:01 AM.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by falken
    I miss the old John Hay also, specially the 19th Tee.
    yeah... me too! the developers of john hay (sobrepena group) should have not touched 19th tee... for that matter pati the original mile hi, they should have retained it since they're landmarks already.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    jaeger, went up mt. sto. tomas last january. ganun pa rin yung bridge. i remember parking the hilux at the top of the s-road with just 6 inches to go before going into a wily e. coyote maneuver! nice pics! but the photos tend to give the impression that that road is not that steep. we forgot to bring cameras ourselves, that climb being an impromptu one, as in "akyat tayo" while we were doing the magic sing routine at home. on the descent, may nakasalubong kami -- naka mountain bike!

bongliza... ikaw ha!!!

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    falken, it still is a dirt road. one part of the trip i liked is crossing the saddle -- a portion between the two peaks with a narrow road on top and ravines on both sides. exciting pag may fog na! but overall, jaeger is right. it is an easy climb.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by diesoline
    falken, it still is a dirt road. one part of the trip i liked is crossing the saddle -- a portion between the two peaks with a narrow road on top and ravines on both sides. exciting pag may fog na! but overall, jaeger is right. it is an easy climb.
    Ang natandaan ko na lang is yung 2 radars and the very steep climb.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Will be in Baguio Oct. 6-10, 2005...ano ba maganda gawin?