New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Ingat lang sa mga mandurukot/ bus robbers. Mainit sa mata yang mga laptop, Wi-fi phones. Don't sleep on the bus if you carry these gadgets.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Byaheng Makati from South Luzon,- marami niyan... They're using SmartBro (dongle) and it interfaces with a Wireless 3G Router, like Edimax....

10.6K:horse:

3. Join Date
    May 2009
    Wow!! Bago lang ito sa pandinig ko pero matagal na pala ito sa route namin!! Ang galing naman! Kudos sa mga Bus operators.

Sagabay, hindi na kase talaga ako nagko-commute kaya ngayon ko lang din nalaman..

Question is, very inviting but is it safe? Baka nga tiba tiba mga holdupper sa mga prospects nila..

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by nickriingen View Post
    Ingat lang sa mga mandurukot/ bus robbers. Mainit sa mata yang mga laptop, Wi-fi phones. Don't sleep on the bus if you carry these gadgets.
    Actually that would be my main concern (theft/hold-up) on typical buses.

That is why I am surprised that there would be some buses that would actually have on-board wifi service. Technically, it's not difficult given the wide availability & lowering costs of the required hardware these days.

In the days past, I have thought of having a WiFi system based in my car so I could have WiFi service anywhere I can drive my car & in range of my car's wifi system. Based on a portable PC acting as router & wifi base station and a 3G enabled mobile phone. This was back when 3G USB modems and similar devices were not yet available and public WiFi service was still nearly non-existent locally.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Actually that would be my main concern (theft/hold-up) on typical buses.

That is why I am surprised that there would be some buses that would actually have on-board wifi service. Technically, it's not difficult given the wide availability & lowering costs of the required hardware these days.

That is something that is waiting to happen....

10.6K:horse:

6. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    you are inviting !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Wi-Fi in the Bus