New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    The Manor is ok... the sound insulation though wasn't good (could here the activities next door since there's our windows are open).

I drove around the other night, wow... dilim ng ibang mga streets. Katakot. Haha. Just played some alternative music out loud to scare off potential "hitch hikers".

Hehehe.... good thinking,- since that area is famous for "hitch hikers"......

Also, the manor?....whew......

5202:threadmil:

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Yan talaga hirap sa paghanap ng place sa Baguio eh. Sound carries far there and since most of the time, your windows are open, maingay! Dati kasi konti lang tao kaya hindi masyado halata pero now ... it's often hard to get a good night's sleep!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Hehehe.... good thinking,- since that area is famous for "hitch hikers"......

Also, the manor?....whew......

5202:threadmil:
    Hehehe... the road going back to Camp John Hay was a bit scary at night. Lalo na nung wala akong kasabay dumaan.

:nerves:

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    No tricycle, that whats best about baguio!

5. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    [SIZE=4]friend kung adventurous type suki nya SKY, reservations only, try calling them 0919 654 3551. Overlooking the whole city of Baguio but not far, very private(puede mag ingay), it's a very different experience right there in Baguio, no need to go Sagada or Banaue. May authentic native huts fully furnished including internet, it's ideal for romantic dates[/SIZE]

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005

OT: How's Marcos Hiway these days? Didn't a portion of the road cave-in some months ago? Is it now passable? Is it safe?

Will be going to Baguio this coming Dec/Jan, and since I am with my family,- I typically will not be using Kennon Road, so I need to understand the condition of Marcos Hiway.....

TIA.

7000:diver:

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007

OT: How's Marcos Hiway these days? Didn't a portion of the road cave-in some months ago? Is it now passable? Is it safe?

Will be going to Baguio this coming Dec/Jan, and since I am with my family,- I typically will not be using Kennon Road, so I need to understand the condition of Marcos Hiway.....

TIA.

Just went down a couple of months ago from Bontoc bro. May mga small slides but those aren't the big problem. Kung gusto mo ng updated last-minute road conditions, just gas up at shell rosario and check out the advisory board near the bathrooms.

Ang problem pag malamig at medyo maulan ay FOG lalo pag late afternoon. Seriously, I've never gone down Marcos before almost all the way in 1st gear! Visibility was down to less than 10 feet, I think. My sis was scared since the fog stuck to us since Bontoc pero maingat naman ako at may realistic knowledge ng abilities ng ride ko.

Just avoid the late afternoon run, don't go too fast, and you'll be fine. BTW, SCTEX can save you an hour at least I think since it goes beyond Tarlac city but I believe they're only open for limited hours for now -- not sure kung 9-5 o kung daylight hours lang.
    Last edited by pup2; November 12th, 2008 at 04:22 PM.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006

TIA.

That portion (cave in) of Marcos Highway is still undergoing renovation until this time..there's a detour around the caved in part that's one way. Meron namang traffic light so its not going to be a problem especially at night.

I think it this project will be completed in early 2009.

In general, Marcos highway is safe sans the occasional foggy conditions in the later part of the road near Tuba Benguet.

And since Kennon road was opened for some buses, kumonti na lang ang dumadaan sa Marcos Highway

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Where to stay In Baguio