New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jnglzl9498 View Post
    Some of your responses are funny. Can't blame you guys for trying to stick with your imposed rules. Pero sana to those who will be married soon or plan to get married some time in the future, give your guests some slack...
    I observe that it is common on forum boards to miss the topic altogether and to engage in wonderfully sanctimonious, off-topic journeys.

For example, I believe this thread is more addressed to those who will be wedding guests, rather than the couples' expectations. It is pretty obvious from the first post of the TS, 'no?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mhelskie View Post
    It's also unethical that you will only attend the reception kahit kaya mong pumunta sa church...its frustrating sa couple na ang kinuha nilang church is good for 300 people pero pagdating ng ceremony e wala pa sa kalahati ung laman ng church. tapos dadating sila sa reception, and makikita nilang may mga nakaupo na at kumakain, tapos iisipin ng couple na parang hindi sila nagpunta sa church...kung tlagang hindi kaya umabot sa church, inform the couple personally, kse kayo din ang lalabas na parang unethical
    buti na lang nung kasal namin, hindi namin naging problema ito. actually baliktad pa nga e, kasi may mga pumunta sa simbahan pero may pasok kaya umuwi na din pagkatapos ng kasal. saka hindi sila biglang umalis na lang, nagpaalam naman ng maayos. saka ang nakakatuwa yung mga officemates ko na parating late maaga sila nung kasal ko, considering umaga yun.

pagdating naman sa damit nagtanong naman sila kung anong pwede at hindi, sabi ko naman basta wag lang sila mag shorts, basta mukhang mabango ok na.

tama nga yung sabi ng ibang tsikoteer natin dito, dapat din tingnan mo kung may kakayanan bumili/manghiram yung bisita mo ng gusto mong ipasuot, ano ba ang mas importante yung presence nila o yung damit nila. medyo marami na din akong kakilala na hindi pumupunta sa mga kasal kasi daw wala daw silang isusuot.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Unethical may the the wrong word... rude/impolite/inconsiderate is more appropriate...

as for the cash request, i don't think it's rude, but it depends who you give that to... If you're sending the invites to close friends and family it's actually more logical to do so.

you don't really need that much rice cookers, punch bowls and blenders hehehe.

lastly, i really think people are giving the nitty gritty stuff too much attention during the wedding... the couple should just enjoy their ceremony and the hell with the turnout of your guests... c'mon, since when have you heard that the bride and groom actually realize someone is at the wedding other than close friends and relatives they WANT to be there anyway...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by AnuVaYan
    ano ba ang mas importante yung presence nila o yung damit nila.
    May tama ka!

Nung kasal namin, wala akong nilagay sa invitation kung ano ang dapat isuot. Parang 'just come with your most comfortable and presentable clothes', ayos na yun.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    i myself prefer a 5 star hotel reception where guest arrives at their grandest, not only with what they wear but their "presence", i couldnt agree more that there are some guest to fails to exhibit proper decorum and etiquette regarding weddings...

however, being a chinese i must follow the tradition of serving good food at a reputable chinese restaurant, so my dream of a wedding reception at 5-star ballroom might not be fulfilled...

but with my artistic idea, along with our team of production were gonna create a ballroom"ish" atmosphere with a traditional restaurant...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Wedding Etiquettes