New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Laoag City: I would like to suggest Tiffany's Restaurant along Segunda Road, near Jollibee Restaurant across the street..... (Our family stayed in the hotel, adjacent to it. Not really classy, but with a touch of nostalgia.....) Restaurant is to your right when you're heading to Pagudpud, and is near to the city plaza....

Ambiance in the restaurant will definitely remind you of the 50s in America, based on what I saw in the movies.....

Sabi ko nga sa Kumander ko,- "Breakfast at Tiffany's?"....

7101:hooray"

WOW!!! di namin to nakita Sir...i will tell my friends...gusto ko yang Bfast at Tiffany's ah....hmmmm...thanks!!!!

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    ab_inito, ikaw po ba yung nag post sa ilocosnorte-online.com last month?

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by larshell View Post
    ab_initio, What is Sinking belfry? Saan ito?
    it's the sinking bell tower. it's located right next to the st. williams cathedral/jollibee.

edit. mcdonald's pala.. hindi jollibee.....

maganda pumunta sa laoag pag early february (first two weeks)......fiesta....madaming activities.
    Last edited by n2knee; December 5th, 2008 at 05:44 PM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by n2knee View Post
    ab_inito, ikaw po ba yung nag post sa ilocosnorte-online.com last month?
    di po Sir. What i just posted were lifted from my friend's chronicle...

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    ab_initio, Thanks a lot. Your info will make our vacation easier and efficient.

CVT, Mukhang masarap yang Breakfast at Tiffany's. yum yum! Thanks!

Guys, What to expect in sand dunes? Is it best to go there at early in the mornig? If so how earl?

We will be traveling from manila to Vigan via Nlex and sctex. Would it be best to stay a night in Vigan and then transfer hotel to Laoag stay there a night or two then go back to manila? Thanks!
    Last edited by larshell; December 6th, 2008 at 11:50 AM.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    yes, may opt to break that trip by staying overnight in vigan. btw, do you have accomodations there na? have you inquired at gordion inn?

laoag: at tiffany's, it's quite an experience eating their excellent pinakbet under the gaze of elvis and james dean. there is a hotel above the restaurant fyi. early morning and late afternoon are the best times for the dunes. para di mainit, hehe! late pm would also be better for you photo ops, larshell. a visit to la preciosa's for their ilocano cuisine is also in order.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by larshell View Post
    ab_initio, Thanks a lot. Your info will make our vacation easier and efficient.

CVT, Mukhang masarap yang Breakfast at Tiffany's. yum yum! Thanks!

Guys, What to expect in sand dunes? Is it best to go there at early in the mornig? If so how earl?

We will be traveling from manila to Vigan via Nlex and sctex. Would it be best to stay a night in Vigan and then transfer hotel to Laoag stay there a night or two then go back to manila? Thanks!

Bro., IMO, mas okay na mag-Laoag ka na diretso kung kaya mo.... I was the main driver and my Kumander is my co-pilot, although I did not relinquish the driver's seat....When we went there Aug last year, we spent the first night in Laoag, so we were able to tour the area quite well because the sites far from each other.... Then, the following morning, we went to Pagudpud, passing by the Lighthouse and the Windmills, and Patapat bridge where we bought fresh seafoods, arriving in Pagudpud (Saud) beach just before lunchtime. We spent the night there and enjoyed the early morning swim.... The following day, we went home, spending half a day in Vigan. Vigan is not really that big and from my experience, half a day is what it takes to tour it, including the Baluarte.......

7101:hooray:

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Sir, check this link: http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showt...light=pagudpud

very informative with owesome pics, I used the same thread before I went up north in Jan 2008. nangmakita ko ito na-ubliga akong mag-trip ng norte.

Once again thanks sa TS at sa mga nag-input sa thread na ito.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ab_initio View Post
    Sir larshell...here's our IT when we went backpacking at the Ilocandia...

1. pag laoag po entry nyo, spend the night at Hotel Emilia or Emiliana ba yun...its nice to go to the Ilocandia during this time for the Christmasey ambience...go to the sinking belfry preferably at night time...the plaza...where you can revisit and make your own interpretation of laoag's struggles...i.e. tobaco monopoly...indulge with Laoag's carrot cake and pakbet...empanada...P.S AT THE AIRPORT PALA GET THEIR BROCHURES/MAPS WHERE YOU CAN FIND PHRASES THAT'LL MAKE U SURVIVE ILOCANDIA...THEY LIKE YOU WHEN YOU TRY LEARNING THEIR DIALECT...

2. Day two, early am...sand dunes...Fort Ilocandia for bfast...before noontime leave laoag for pagudpud. on your way to pagudpud you'll pass by...the intergenerational light house...then the wind mills...spend the night at apo idon...

3. go back to laoag for the southern ilocos...we dropped by at batac...have seen the waxed remains of the once strong man...refused entry at the malacanang of the north because they were cleaning it, (that was a tuesday)

4. VIGAN- we stayed at Grandpa's Inn...homey and i like the sheets, very clean...affordable...love their breakfast...included na sa room rate...although the rest room is not at all roomy...pero i like the creepy ambience kasi marami kami....churches...belfries...chavit's bailiwick where he has a safari...(only my friends went there as i continued my backpaking in Macau-HK na)...
    Vigan plaza is adorable...Calle Crisologo is great at night time...i saw Bingbong in the door of his home along Calle Crisologo...don't miss the provincial capitol too...

i like their locally made abel iloco...

enjoy!!!
    ok to ah! boss mga magkano ba ang ma spend sa ganyang IT? ok ba mag dala ng auto or bus na lang? from manila

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Galing naman ng thread na to! Very informative!!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Wanting to go to Ilocos (Laoag,Vigan & Pagudpud) Help me with Itinerary