New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by larshell View Post
    ab_initio, What is Sinking belfry? Saan ito?

Bro.- this is just across the street where the Laoag Cathedral and McDonald's are....

7101:hooray:
    Last edited by CVT; December 3rd, 2008 at 01:02 PM.

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    ab_initio, Than you very much for the info I will include it to our itinerary. Please, kung may matandaan kapa include in this thread, i will check this thread hangang pag alis namin.

CVT, Thanks for the info Men!

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    we're planning to go here come long holiday break.
    www.hannahsbeachresort.com

4. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    ab_initio, Than you very much for the info I will include it to our itinerary. Please, kung may matandaan kapa include in this thread, i will check this thread hangang pag alis namin.

Sir larshell, tomorrow ko muna ma post...my friend who was our "tour leader" in Ilocos just gave me his chronicle, medyo mahaba...arrange ko lang po muna...
    Last edited by russpogi; December 6th, 2008 at 06:43 PM. Reason: fixed quotes...

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    ab_initio, Wow! Thanks ha... Intayin k yan.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    diesoline, How much kaya room rates nila/night? Ok ang website nila.
    i couldn't remember because it's been two years since i last went to that hotel. re grandpa's inn, i think its restaurant is consistently good.

ab_initio's posts are really informative. she sees things a native misses.

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    diesoline, Vigan plaza hotel is fully booked. Cordillera Inn sila nalang yata may available rooms.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    hi, Sir larshell:

Our Ilocandia IT po---

Day1-

Laoag Airport, our tour leader's friend, fetched us from the airport and brought us to La Elliana Hotel. (we learned that it's hard to get a ride out from the airport..airport is 7 km from the City proper)

we went around laoag city by calesa: paying homage to some Churches
    -Laoag City Church (Sir CVT is right) and the Sinking Bell Tower: across the street
    -St. William's Cathedral, then we went to

-San Nicolas Church, malayo din, pero nakapaglibot din kami sa Laoag
    -on our way back to the hotel, we dropped by at dap-ayan...kain konting empanada sa dap-ayan, malapit lang sa Laoag capitol
    -plazas...
    -Dinner at La Preciosa Restaurant, malapit lang sa Hotel Elliana (don't miss Preciosa's carrot cake...yummy!!!)

Day 2
    LAOAG
    -early am, sand dunes
    -tricycle to Fort Ilocandia (malayo din from where we were, so pwed na kami one trike at 300, so 100 each)
    -brunch at Fort Ilocandia
    -Shortly before 12 noon, we left for Burgos

BURGOS
    ***Cape Bojeador Lighthouse (i call this as the intergenerational lighthouse, kasi ang lhousekeeper apo na ng unang LHkeeper, now he's training his son to imbibe the passion of watching the LH...
    -midway, lighthouse to the wind farm, may resto along the highway where you could get a good distant view of the windmills...kain na din...

BANGUI
    -Bangui Wind Farm (windmills)

PAGUDPUD
    -Pagudpud-Apo Idon(Resort where we stayed)...good customer service...just in case the sea isn't suitable for swimming, Apo Idon has a pool...alang jacuzzi
    ***at that time kasi, the sea was into it's roaring rage...kakatakot
    -photo op po kayo sa half uprooted coco tree...(hehehe)
    ***try niyo din po yung pagkain sa ibang resort...adjacent to Apo Idon,i can't remember its name masarap din yung bfast nila...

Day 3

went back to Laoag to explore the south

BATAC
    -we took the jeepney for Batac (Edralin Marcos Ancestral Home)---may mga kamag anak pa din si Macoi na kamukha niya...have seen the waxed remains of the once strong man...

PAOAY
    -rented a motorela for Malacañang Ti Amihan, on our way there we had a good view of the seemingly immortal Paoay Lake...photo ops
    -Malacañang of the North...only to be refused entry bec they were cleaning it...that was a tuesday....pumunta kami sa likod ng PALACE by the Paoay Lake and got good shots of the palace and paoay lake...by using our zoom lens, nakita namin may tourists sa loob...binalikan namin, inaway ang guard, eventually pinapasok din kami...wehehehe
    -still in our rented motorela, punta kami St. Augustine Church (Paoay Church)...there's this cafe near the Church...masarap din empanada..kain ulit...

-asked the driver to bring us to the bus stop for Vigan...alang terminal po at that time Sir

VIGAN (about 2 hours from Batac)
    -checked in at Grandpa's Inn (bfast sarap, i am not a longganisa eater pero masarap dito)

-Vigan at night time is just lovely...(parang music ung tunog ng paa ng kabayo hitting the cobblestones)

-Dinner at Cafe Leona, just near Max's Restaurant...you can just walk from the Vigan Cathedral...
    -nagpapatunaw sa Plaza Salcedo, and at the Provincial capitol of Ilocos Sur...photo ops...empanada na naman...
    -pag sa Vigan na andami pwede gawin po...

eto yung napuntahan nila (overnight lang ako sa Vigan coz i continued my backpacking in HK-Macau na...)

***bus schedule sa Vigan isn't reliable...di sila umaalis pag di puno...so you better schedule your flight back to Manila in the pm...nakipaghabulan ako sa bus, everytime i abandoned the other kasi pumipick up pa...pero matulungin naman ang mga bus conductors...nahabol ko rin flight ko.

***from Laoag City to the airport, i took the tricycle, fare was pegged at 300, but with some Ilocano phrases, settled it at 100...

PLACES TO VISIT IN VIGAN:
    1.Calle Crisologo
    2. St. Paul's Metropolitan Cathedral
    3. Arzobispado
    4. Plaza Salcedo
    5. Burgos national Museum
    6. Hidden Garden
    7. Pagburnayan
    8. Syquia Mansion
    9. Nuestra Sra. Dela Asuncion Church, Sta Maria, Ilocos Sur
    10 Chavit's safari...

Early part of January 2008 pa to Sir...baka may nagbago na din...

a great Ilocandia Invasion be yours po. Chill...enjoy...more photos...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by diesoline View Post
    i couldn't remember because it's been two years since i last went to that hotel. re grandpa's inn, i think its restaurant is consistently good.

ab_initio's posts are really informative. she sees things a native misses.

hehehe...i need to immerse so i can just revisit them anytime....thanks a heap, diesoline...

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ab_initio View Post
    hi, Sir larshell:

Our Ilocandia IT po---

Day1-

-Dinner at La Preciosa Restaurant, malapit lang sa Hotel Elliana (don't miss Preciosa's carrot cake...yummy!!!)

a great Ilocandia Invasion be yours po. Chill...enjoy...more photos...

Laoag City: I would like to suggest Tiffany's Restaurant along Segunda Road, near Jollibee Restaurant across the street..... (Our family stayed in the hotel, adjacent to it. Not really classy, but with a touch of nostalgia.....) Restaurant is to your right when you're heading to Pagudpud, and is near to the city plaza....

Ambiance in the restaurant will definitely remind you of the 50s in America, based on what I saw in the movies.....

Sabi ko nga sa Kumander ko,- "Breakfast at Tiffany's?"....

7101:hooray"

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Wanting to go to Ilocos (Laoag,Vigan & Pagudpud) Help me with Itinerary