New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 94 of 95 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post
    Wow YOLO! Hahaha Uber and Grab no more? LTFRB needs brains

Magtira ng pang uwi!

Kudos! so responsible of you, madami dyan (ako guilty paminsan) DUI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Salamat sir. Uber and Grab no more? LTFRB needs brains
    Inenjoy ko pa din yung party then my line manager drove me back sa office where my car was tapos dun na muna ako natulog.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    here's an idea

walking buddy haha

pag may kausap ka habang naglalakad di mo mapansin ung oras at layo ng nilakaran mo diba?

pwede mo pa padala sa kanya groceries mo

haha

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    https://twitter.com/jacquemanabat/st...0DH-S00lJs2p7A

i haven't ridden grab in a long, long time kaya this kind of piqued my interest.

btw, looking at the preceding posts, na realize ko wala na pala si little missy ng matagal na. i remember halos or short of hina-harass ni kagalingan siya eh. nawalan siguro ng gana mag post na dito sa tsikot

4. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    as I've mention more than a million times in social media, forums and face to face chat.

di baleng mahal basta meron

in Singapore, price surge can go upto 5X - this ensures na drivers stay on the road

remember when Grab was still called GrabTaxi and you were asked for a tip before booking a ride? dagdagan mo ng 500-1K yung ride and 100% may Taxi na dadating.

now, mahal na nga, wala pang cars available.

I would rather pay extra just to ensure na may available ride ako. if its too expensive for me... di na lang ako lalabas

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    https://twitter.com/jacquemanabat/st...0DH-S00lJs2p7A

i haven't ridden grab in a long, long time kaya this kind of piqued my interest.

btw, looking at the preceding posts, na realize ko wala na pala si little missy ng matagal na. i remember halos or short of hina-harass ni kagalingan siya eh. nawalan siguro ng gana mag post na dito sa tsikot
    i have long wondered, why they have to practice surge pricing.
    so what if the demand is great? does that contribute to increased maintenance, labor, and other recurring expenses, that are not offset by increased gross income?

6. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i have long wondered, why they have to practice surge pricing.
    its to ensure that drivers keep driving.

if ma-traffic or umuulan, a driver can easily decide to stay at home since lugi sya or baka ma-pasma. especially if boundary na sila (this normally happens with jeeps and taxis)

pero if 2-5x ynug current rate, maghihinayang sila umuwi since di naman araw araw ganun kataas yung fares

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post

if ma-traffic or umuulan, a driver can easily decide to stay at home since lugi sya or baka ma-pasma. especially if boundary na sila (this normally happens with jeeps and taxis)

pero if 2-5x ynug current rate, maghihinayang sila umuwi since di naman araw araw ganun kataas yung fares
    i don't know...
    it may seem profitable, but somehow it don't seem right...

won't simply checking in on their drivers result to the same thing?
    GPS?
    Last edited by dr. d; January 13th, 2023 at 01:28 PM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I also don’t see anything wrong about surge pricing.

Kung nammahalan eh di sumakay ng conventional taxi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post

ah so basically incentive pala siya.

pero what's w/ the shortage of grab cars kung ganun? i remember the common complaint on twitter was that it was hell booking a grab car during the holiday season that just passed. kaya madami nadali sa airport kasi walang masakyan talaga.

the best way to bring down prices siguro is to bring in competition talaga. payagan na iyong gojek na iyan na matagal na nag-aaply makapasok dito para market ang maka -influence sa presyo ng fare.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i don't know...
    it may seem profitable, but somehow it don't seem right...

won't simply checking in on their drivers result to the same thing?
    GPS?
    Grab drivers are not regular employees.
    same with Taxi, Jeepney and Tricycle drivers

so the operators cannot force them to drive... especially if "naka boundary" na sila

Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    ah so basically incentive pala siya.

pero what's w/ the shortage of grab cars kung ganun? i remember the common complaint on twitter was that it was hell booking a grab car during the holiday season that just passed. kaya madami nadali sa airport kasi walang masakyan talaga.

the best way to bring down prices siguro is to bring in competition talaga. payagan na iyong gojek na iyan na matagal na nag-aaply makapasok dito para market ang maka -influence sa presyo ng fare.
    supply and demand. especially the past 2 years of lock down, I don't think anyone bought a car para ipasok sa Grab

so now that everyone is outside, we have very few PUVs in the street.

Gojek wont help... just look at Joyride, I don't think nararamdaman sila ng Angkas... even booking Angkas is hard during rush hours.

If the Gov't really wants to help... they should remove the cap on surge pricing and allow older cars sa fleets ng TNVs