New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    balak din naman pumunta sa baguio this jan 3,

sa tingin ko eh ma-trapik pa rin via urdaneta
    balak ko sana via sctex then to camiling - dagupan.. after nito hindi ko na alam kung paano hehe.. any help po? thanks

2. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    During these times when a lot of people are traveling to Baguio, best route would be the back roads passing through La Paz, Victoria, Guimba, and Asingan (know as the Makisig trail). Labas mo sa may Binalonan, Pangasinan na.

If you are traveling at day time, it would be quite easy. Pag labas ng SCTEX, instead of turning left towards Tarlac City, you turn right to La Paz. Just before La Paz, turn left towards Victoria. Dire-diretso na yung hanggang sa rotonda na may obelisk. May mga signs naman so it's quite easy to follow.

Ingatan niyo lang pag dating doon sa rotonda with the obelisk. The sign there that say's "alternate route to Baguio" points straight ahead. That actually goes towards Ramos and you will end up back at the National Highway. A better route would be to turn left towards Guimba. At the end of the road is another junction with another obelisk. Turn left and just go straight all the way. You will end up at the Carmen-San Jose road. Turn left towards Carmen then at the junction turn right towards Asingan. Just follow the signs again.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    From Dagupan , drive through Mangaldan , then San Fabian , then exit at Damortis . From there you can take a right turn at the intersection to Rosario and go to Baguio via Marcos Highway or Kennon Road. Taking the left turn takes you to Bauang, La Union where you can take Naguilian Road to Baguio.
    It'll be a long ride this way but take the time to go to the beach. Have fun and a safe journey

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Tanong ko lang sa mga nakadaan na ng Marcos Hiway,- bukas na ba ang road na ito for traffic? Di ba't bumagsak ang ilang parte nito a few months ago? Ano na ang kondisyon ng mga bumagsak na parte ng Marcos Hiway?

Paki-advise naman. TIA.

7202:bruce_lee:

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Part of Macros Hiway did collapse but there is still one lane passable while the rest is under repair.

BTW, I am in Baguio right now and it's mega traffic in the major places to go. Sm Baguio is one of the worst with the traffic rerouting making it a bigger mess than just leaving the old traffic flow in place.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    ...BTW, I am in Baguio right now...
    Did you do another quick turnaround to break the travel time record?

Pasalubong ng Ube jam and peanut brittle from Good Shepherd!

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by gecotbonjo View Post
    From Dagupan , drive through Mangaldan , then San Fabian , then exit at Damortis . From there you can take a right turn at the intersection to Rosario and go to Baguio via Marcos Highway or Kennon Road. Taking the left turn takes you to Bauang, La Union where you can take Naguilian Road to Baguio.
    It'll be a long ride this way but take the time to go to the beach. Have fun and a safe journey
    thanks, dati kasi naka-daan na ako from dagupan to baguio, pero more than 10 years na hehe, so hindi ko na maalala yung road, pero alam ko major road sya

tignan ko dun yung suggestion ni FWC na via La Paz, Victoria, Guimba, and Asingan from SCTEX, never ko pa na-try itong back-roads na ito, pero I would assume na maraming tricycle dito? hehe

pero matagal ko na gusto bumili ng Tupig sa carmen, lagi kasi kami via camiling pag punta ng dagupan for the past 8 years hehe...

8. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by revoGSX View Post
    ...tignan ko dun yung suggestion ni FWC na via La Paz, Victoria, Guimba, and Asingan from SCTEX, never ko pa na-try itong back-roads na ito, pero I would assume na maraming tricycle dito? hehe ...
    Konting-konti ang tricycles dito unlike sa national highway. That is why you can have a faster trip. Ang makakabagal lang sa travel on this route are those palays being dried on the road. But if it is not the post-harvest season, ang luwag ng daan. And the roads are quite good.

I have taken this route several times. It is roughly 30 kilometers longer compared to taking the national highway. But before the SCTEX, I averaged only 4.5 hour travel time to Baguio. Using the national highway, my average travel time was 6 hours. Of course, with the SCTEX, both of these times are now shorter by roughly 30 minutes.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by FWC View Post
    Did you do another quick turnaround to break the travel time record?
    nah, enjoying the long holidays with my entire family. There is time enough for another turnaround driving trip next year.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    ako sa jan 9 pa pupunta ng baguio ano ba temp dyan sir GH?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Trip to bagiuo