New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    One of the best gifts you can give a child is to teach him how to swim. Get him swimming lessons then celebrate his birthday at the beach. Sa subic, tapos pwede magshopping si esmi sa duty free later.

2. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by yubby24 View Post
    Would the wife want to go to the beach? Yung anak ko kasi, bihira naman namin sya dalhin sa indoor playground. More on nature tripping, particularly maligo sa dagat. Noon takot pa sya lumusong sa tubig pero ngayon sya na nangunguna.
    We go to Subic almost every month sir, I have some work there and I often leave them at All-Hands so they can have a day of fun by themselves. Madalas po kami dun, but yes, that is also an option.

Quote Originally Posted by bugsmobile View Post
    Hmmm how about the National Museum? I heard the they renovated it & it's really nice, but your kid might get bored. Or maybe Museo Pambata or Mind Museum?
    I'm not sure he will appreciate the National and also the Mind Museum yet sir, we've also been to Museo Pambata but he wasn't very interested.

I appreciate all your suggestions brothers and fellow fathers.

Is Okada Play any different from the usual indoor playgrounds? From the pix it just looks like one of them.

3. Join Date
    May 2009
    Short update, I hope I've found a place to stay and visit to meet our specific requirements

Hotel H20 and Manila Ocean Park. The rooms have aquariums and it's right beside the attraction so this will be a first for my son. He loves seeing fishes and all kinds of animals in the wild, so hopefully this will be entertaining to him as well.

Is it still worth seeing the MOP? Haven't been there in years, to be honest.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by sparc179 View Post
    Short update, I hope I've found a place to stay and visit to meet our specific requirements

Hotel H20 and Manila Ocean Park. The rooms have aquariums and it's right beside the attraction so this will be a first for my son. He loves seeing fishes and all kinds of animals in the wild, so hopefully this will be entertaining to him as well.

Sounds good. Pero haven't been there since birth. lol. May vouchers lagi sila sa metrodeal. Balitaan mo ko sir if matuloy kayo jan and share the expereince. Baka dalhin ko rin jan anak ko kung naenjoy ninyo.
    Last edited by yubby24; October 10th, 2019 at 12:30 PM. Reason: goog -> good

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by sparc179 View Post

Imo, that's the best place to bring a 3 yr. old kid to.

Sent from my SM-T725 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by yubby24 View Post
    Sounds good. Pero haven't been there since birth. lol. May vouchers lagi sila sa metrodeal. Balitaan mo ko sir if matuloy kayo jan and share the expereince. Baka dalhin ko rin jan anak ko kung naenjoy ninyo.
    Quote Originally Posted by falken View Post
    Imo, that's the best place to bring a 3 yr. old kid to.

Sent from my SM-T725 using Tapatalk
    Thanks Gents. Will try to update this thread when we go there next month.

I just hope we enjoy it.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by bugsmobile View Post
    Some obstacle courses in Dream Play might not be suitable for a 3yr old kid, but madami pa rin naman magagawa dun like plus he gets to take picture with some Dreamworks characters. How about Active Fun or Adventure Zone in Shang? (both in BGC). Or maybe Kidzoona in malls? The Kidzoona in Galleria I think is bigger than the other ones.
    nice...might bring my nephew here early next year

8. Join Date
    May 2009
    Just to update and close out this thread.

Last weekend we were able to book a room at Hotel H20 and got the Aqua suite with the large in-room aquariums. My son loved it, couldn't stop staring at all the fish and coral and just the movement of the water. It must have been like a giant flat screen TV to him.

The activities were okay for a child his age, he seemed to like the outdoor shows with the Sea Lions and the symphony at night. But the indoor attractions looked dated and in need of upgrades. Some looked like they did the first time I went there, which was more than a decade ago. The Oceanarium was particularly old and unkempt. There was even a section where they were doing some spot welding in view of tourists and you could smell the toxicity in the air from the welding rods burning. Needless to say we didn't spend much more time there.

The breakfast buffet at their in-house restaurant was ok, nothing to rave about, just your basic varieties.

All in all, my son had a good time despite the lack of quality. It's no SeaWorld San Diego where even the adults will enjoy, but hey it beats going to the mall any day.

Thanks again for the suggestions fellow Tsikoteers. I hope this short review might help others decide.

Also, never go on a weekend. We booked on a Sunday and thought it wouldn't be as crowded. We were wrong.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Toddler Friendly Entertainment in Manila?