New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The applicants can always try again. Of course, all fees incurred are non-refundable. As far as who's paying....... The best way to ensure approval is for the applicants to show they will be the ones paying, not relatives in the US.

You mention any support coming from those in the US, the consul will immediately get suspicious.

Of course it's different with an immigrant visa. With an immigrant visa, it's encouraged to show sponsorship/support from those in the US so the applicant doesn't become a liability since the applicant is there to stay.

No one can blame the consuls for being suspicious. Too many times, someone came in on a tourist visa and simply disappeared upon arrival in the US. Blame the few who ruined it for many.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; November 9th, 2009 at 05:47 AM.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    There is no age bracket that is viewed as less of a threat for TNT. The Consul normally has reviewed all the paperwork before your interview so even if you don't see them looking at it they have already done so. Any supporting documents you have from your relatives abroad such as invitation letter, affidavit of support, etc. is not something that needs to be taken into account by the Consul when making decisions and most do not even bother looking at it. What you need to be able to do is show that you have permanent ties to the Philippines that would require you to return, if you are your young, unemployed, and do not own any properties then you have a good chance at denial. The show money thing that most Pinoys do is useless because they look into the average balance and not your current balance and if your occupation and income does not support your having a large amount of money in your account then it will raise red flags. Last the visa is just a permit for you to get on the plane the Immigration Officer can still turn you around if you can't convince them you will return, at the border the burden of proof is on the applicant and not the government.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by redorange View Post
    Last the visa is just a permit for you to get on the plane the Immigration Officer can still turn you around if you can't convince them you will return, at the border the burden of proof is on the applicant and not the government.

This is true... Kaya, galingan din ang pagsagot sa Immigration Officer. You have to convince him/her of your intentions... Like I am always asking for just a one-week or a couple of weeks' stay most of the times to attend to company meetings et al. (The last time I was with my family, I was only asking for a couple of weeks' stay because that is what our schedule permits).....The Officer would normally give me at least a couple of month's stay....

8900:painting:

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    If your are admitted for business(B1) you are given the time requested with and some officers give a little more for unexpected events. If you are admitted as a tourist(B2) you are automatically given 6 months. However, if you provide a time frame and you fail to leave before your I-94 expires you will most likely be sent back the next time you come. Remember you are now being finger printed and the records are also more accurately kept because of 9/11.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    based sa description ng TS:

Little money in the bank and sister pays the ticket. Gusto sa embassy madaming pera sa savings at gagastos ka sa US... And always tell them max 1 month lang ang stay nyo... they smell something fishy if you overstay.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    to the TS, i feel for you bro...

OT lang: kami nga mas malaki ang problema... my parents were not able to process their passport because of their work so as to support us, their kids, for our school expenses... now that the time has come for us to give back to them, our passport problems begin... although kami ng brother ko eh may passport na, my mom is having a hard time to get one for her...
    the issue is, her middle name (maiden name) is chinese... although she was married to my filipino dad, ayaw pa din siyang bigyan ng DFA ng passport! 2x na and palagi madami sila hinahanap, beyond the usual documents needed (we have already provided birth certificate, marriage certificate, SSS id, senior citizen id)... kesyo dahil daw foreign sounding ang kanyang maiden name, etc... etc... kaninis, bad trip! considering na senior citizen na siya... sino kaya pwede makatulong sa amin? baka naman may mga connections kayo diyan sa DFA mga fellow tsikoteers...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Tips for senior citizen on How to get a US Visa