New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    TO MODS: Can you please change the name of the thread (Northwest to Northeast) Thank you

Dear Tsikoteers,

It's been a while since I posted here. Hehe. Busy Busy. Anyway, last year's whirlwind road trip (May 1 - 3), we tackled Ilocos all the way to Pagudpud.

This year, what we're planning is a one helluva-road trip to the Northeast Luzon - Cagayan Valley. Yup, we only have May 1 - 3 to tackle all the things we can.

So far, what I've lined up to see are:

Callao Cave
    Palaui Island

Since the tourist infrastructure this side of Luzon pales in comparison to Ilocos, I would absolutely need help in planning for the itinerary.

Here are my questions:
    1. Never been to northeast luzon before. What's the fastest way to Tuguegarao?
    2. Are there any potential tourist spots, like scenic mountains, old churches, and what not on the way to tuguegarao? If you know of some place, please do tell me.
    3. What's the best place to stay in Tuguegarao?
    4. From tuguegarao, how do I go to Sta. Ana, Cagayan?
    5. What's the best place to stay in Sta. Ana?
    6. If you can refer me to hotels and tourist spots, please do so!

Thanks so much!
    Last edited by torque2006; March 2nd, 2009 at 12:15 AM. Reason: Can you please change the name of the thread (Northwest to Northeast) Thank you

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by torque2006 View Post
    Last edited by torque2006; 03-01-2009 at 11:15 PM. Reason: Can you please change the name of the thread (Northwest to Northeast) Thank you
    Done......

3. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    i've only driven as far as pagudpod, and the only good place i can recommend is kaibigan falls, 10 minutes from the saud long beach. all restaurants in saud serve fantastic pakbet with bagnet (yes, i've tried them all in a systematic manner) hehe.

manila to samar... yun marami ako info tungkol dun hehe

4. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Here are my questions:
    1. Never been to northeast luzon before. What's the fastest way to Tuguegarao?
    Take NLEX then exit at San Simon. Follow the road marks leading to Cabanatuan. When you have reached Cabanatuan just take the Maharlika Hiway and head north. The hiway will take you to Nueva Ecija, Nueva Vizcaya, Isabela and then finally Cagayan. If you think your in the wrong road, just check for the provincial buses. They are using the same road .
    2. Are there any potential tourist spots, like scenic mountains, old churches, and what not on the way to tuguegarao? If you know of some place, please do tell me.
    There's a view deck at Dalton Pass, It has a good view of Nueva Ecija and Nueva Vizcaya mountains. Magat Dam is in Isabela but its not on the way to Tuguegarao. The biggest rocking chair (in the world) is in Ilagan, Isabela.
    I forgot the name of the hotel but it just opposite the famous Cindy's Hotel.
    Go back to the main hiway, follow the road markers going to Aparri. When you reach the Magapit intersection, turn right and follow the road. It will take you to Sta. Ana. This intersection is famous for its suspension bridge, the Magapit bridge. If by any chance you missed this first intersection there's another road that will take you to the same road. It before the Lal-lo town proper just be on the look out for the road marker to the right.
    Never stayed there before.
    6. If you can refer me to hotels and tourist spots, please do so!
    Sorry but I don't remember any of the contact information of the places I visited there.

Once you're in Tuguegarao try the Batil Patong, its a type of pancit, very delicious. You can also try the Pancit Cabagan in Isabela but its not as tasty as the Batil Patong.

Happy Trip!

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by voltscastillo View Post
    i've only driven as far as pagudpod, and the only good place i can recommend is kaibigan falls, 10 minutes from the saud long beach. all restaurants in saud serve fantastic pakbet with bagnet (yes, i've tried them all in a systematic manner) hehe.

manila to samar... yun marami ako info tungkol dun hehe

hehe. thanks a lot sir. my mom's clan hail from batac, so i've been to ilocos pretty much once every two years.

but samar is a different story. there's this place there, an island or a lagoon, am i correct? pm mo naman ako how to go there.

me and my friend has this advocacy of going around and explore the whole country before we go abroad for vacations. it's been two years already. we're just rounding up luzon, that's why i want to cover northwest side.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MOST QUESTIONS ARE ALREADY ANSWERED:

check the churches in piat, lallo, tumauini, cabagan, camalaniugan (OLDEST BELL IN FAR EAST), san pablo. check cabo engaño in palaui island, santa ana cagayan.

pension roma?

go north the pan-philippine highway to camalaniugan (It has a beautiful suspension bridge so you wont miss that). turn right.

Balay Cagayano. It's owned by a friend, if you want contact, just email me. the place has no net account yet and we're just doing a word-of-mouth advertising. they have casitas, huts, ac rooms, and even surfing accomodations.

Roadtrip: Northeast to Northwest Luzon