New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    I agree. Sa tingin ko rin papogi lang si Villar.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by switi View Post
    in short, nagpa cute si manny villar sa masa because he will run for president, in the expense of PRIVATE HOSPITALS AND DOCTORS!

personal experience ko ito, ortho surgeon ako and i have practice both in private and gov't hospitals. sa government, expected na di halos makabayad yung patient, so once na I accepted the patient(visiting consultant ako), alam ko na pwedeng di makabayad sa akin and it is ok, most of the time libre na nga despite na wala naman ako suweldo sa gov't, but I prctice there as my community service. Pero yung sa private hospitals, grabe. ang pasyente ayaw sa public kasi mabaho daw, kasi di na aalagan, kulang sa gamit etc. But these services have a premium! Gusto pa nung patient lagi mo syang dinadalaw, galit pag na late ka sa rounds, gusto magpa ct scan kasi sumasakit ulo. Pagdating ng bayaran wala maibigay!!!! Promissory note!

Sabi ko, pwede ko ba ibayad sa school ng anak ko yan? Pwede ba pambili ng pagkain o pamalengke ko yan? Ilaga ko na lang pM's sa akin! This year alone, pag kinuwenta ni mrs kung magkano yung PM's sa akin, may BMW na sana ako, e hanggang ngayun Honda at Mitsu lang rides ko!

Gagawa gawa sila ng law tapos wala naman pala pondo para bayaran yung PM's pag nag renege yung patient. Sna kung di makabayad yung patient, gov't ang magbayad, even with the hospital having to absorb 30% loss.

Say 70% will be shouldered by Manny Villar!

Wala na ba kami karapatang mabuhay na mga doctors!
    Doc, sabi ni Manny Villar kaya nga ang tawag sa inyo ay MD...

short for Mahirap Daw.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    There should be a win-win scenario for this.

1. Government can make these P/N's partially guaranteed by the PCSO or PAGCOR so that at least 40% of the amounts are covered.

2. The remaining 60% face value of the P/N can be used as tax credits by the hospital and/or the doctors to lessen their tax obligations to the government.

3. Local government and Congressmen should devote part of their income (i.e. income from street parking fees, pork barrel) to subsidize operational costs of charity wards of hospitals as well as the fees of the doctors who attend to patients in these wards.

4. Hospitals shoud be given an income tax holiday for about 10 years from start of operations and then be given a uniform income tax rate of just 5% thereafter. If we can do this for locators in industrial parks, there should be no objection in doing this to improve health and medical care.

5. Exempt the hospitals from having to pay VAT and customs duties on purchase and importation of hospital equipment.

Siguro naman, dito solve na ang problema. A big chunk of money coming from taxes, as well as subsidies from LGUs, PCSO and PAGCOR would do wonders in improving our hospitals.

For the hospitals, they should stop charging paying patients as if the latter were subsidizing those who could not pay for medical care. :nono:

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Altis6453 View Post
    There should be a win-win scenario for this.

1. Government can make these P/N's partially guaranteed by the PCSO or PAGCOR so that at least 40% of the amounts are covered.

2. The remaining 60% face value of the P/N can be used as tax credits by the hospital and/or the doctors to lessen their tax obligations to the government.

3. Local government and Congressmen should devote part of their income (i.e. income from street parking fees, pork barrel) to subsidize operational costs of charity wards of hospitals as well as the fees of the doctors who attend to patients in these wards.

4. Hospitals shoud be given an income tax holiday for about 10 years from start of operations and then be given a uniform income tax rate of just 5% thereafter. If we can do this for locators in industrial parks, there should be no objection in doing this to improve health and medical care.

5. Exempt the hospitals from having to pay VAT and customs duties on purchase and importation of hospital equipment.

Siguro naman, dito solve na ang problema. A big chunk of money coming from taxes, as well as subsidies from LGUs, PCSO and PAGCOR would do wonders in improving our hospitals.

For the hospitals, they should stop charging paying patients as if the latter were subsidizing those who could not pay for medical care. :nono:
    Good points.....

.....pero asa ka pa sa government natin

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Good points Altis but I've the same sentiment as fafa boybi: asa ka pa ba sa gobyerno natin?

Hmm...well, at least may seemingly aasahan...buti na yun kaysa wala.

I really understand the business point of private hospital owners and the doctors (two of my best friends are doctors). However, I can't help but feel for the patients. I'm glad that PHAP decided to suspend their proposed hospital holiday.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Yan ang problema sa mga politicians dito.

Puro pa-pro-poor image...

hihilain lang tayo pababa ng mga populist laws nila.

What's next?

Promissory note ang pambayad sa palengke o supermarket?

Promissory note ang pambayad sa drug store?

O kaya price controls nalang...

O kaya govt take over private businesses...

they will scare away capital if they keep on making those stupid pro-poor laws.

Here's an example of what can happen when govt makes very stupid decisions:

Zimbabwe imposes price controls
    http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/03/wo...bdd7e3&ei=5070

Effect: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle2395588.ece

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    If the PN's would be used as a tax credit, expect another scam in the making...magsusulputan ang mga fake TCC's or fake PN's (to be used as a basis for legit TCC's). Sometimes kasi, yung creativity ng Pinoy, sa maling intensyon napupunta.

I wonder if our government can emulate the British model, free quality health care for all, rich or poor.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i've heard about this yesterday.
    well, business is business. and besides, what they are targetting are those patients who mostly get private rooms but without capacity to pay.

i think lahat naman ng hospitals may charity wards eh.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
    I wonder if our government can emulate the British model, free quality health care for all, rich or poor.
    I think pwede, but not in our life-time. Baka sa generation ng grandchildren of my grandchildren. ;)

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Giving the tax breaks makes sense since hospitals provide services that are imbued with public interest. It's really sad that most of the money allocated in the government's budget is being used to service debt rather than provide quality health care and education.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Private hospitals going on a hospital holiday?!