New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    does hospital holiday mean kahit may pera yung pasyente di pwede admit? as in closed talaga?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Paano naman yung mga potential patients na have the capacity to pay or backed-up by solid hospitalization plans from reputable firms? Ide-deny pa rin ba nila admission? I don't mean to offend patients who have lesser paying capacities pero kawawa naman yung mga pasyenteng makakapag-bayad naman talaga.

Dito sa mga ganitong sitwasyon nagca-clash/contradict yung dalawang goals/objectives ng ganitong mga establishments eh: business goals/objectives vs. social goals/obectives. I completely understand the business side since they do have to earn money to support their operations, pay off debts, pay dues and employee salaries pero...sus, ewan ko ba.

Minsan, pag alam mo yung vision and mission ng ganitong establishments na more on the social side of things eh pagnagkakaganito, one can think that they are not being true to the statements of their vision and mission.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Another group of hospitals, the Philippine Hospital Association (PHA) disagrees with the PHAP's planned hospital holiday, saying that the welfare of patients should be placed above the need for profit.

Sinabihan nga nilang mga papansin ang PHAP. Yung PHAP naman, tinawag na mga sipsip sa gobyerno ang PHA.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I know some people who run private hospitals and I do understand their concern. I'm not sure if their hospital will be joining the planned holiday.

Hospitals are just like any other business. The revenue must at least cancel the expenses. The proposed law will guarantee that anyone admitted and cannot pay can just sign on a promissory note and go home. Even before the new law was proposed, this has been happening already. How many of them come back? Personally, wala pa ko nakita ni isa na bumalik. So the cost is absorbed by the hospital or is passed onto other patients. Private hospitals don't get funding from the government. Some of the cost is offset by PCSO at best. Other than that, everything is paid for by the patient or absorbed by the hospital.

Private hospitals are established to cater to a certain market segment (which is to say, not everyone). They are not government hospitals or charitable institutions. Current laws do mandate that all hospitals attend to and at least stabilize emergency cases. But that's it. Private hospitals are not obliged to admit such patients under their care and institute definitive care.

What the holiday aims to demonstrate is the scenario of private hospitals going bankrupt and closing due to the new proposed law. That's why they are going on holiday. But even during the supposed holiday, hospitals will still accomodate emergency cases. They will not refuse the critically ill or those needing immediate medical attention.

Di ba na illegal din para sa mga hosp na mag require ng downpayment bago ma-admit for confinement.
    D/P's are illegal for emergency cases only. Other than that, a D/P is still SOP in most institutions.

does hospital holiday mean kahit may pera yung pasyente di pwede admit? as in closed talaga?
    Yep. As long as hindi emergency/critical ang case. E.g. you want to be admitted for an executive check up or may pinaschedule kang operation na hindi emergency (papatanggal ng bukol, papalaki ng suso, etc.). You'll have to come back when the holiday is over.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    D/P's are illegal for emergency cases only. Other than that, a D/P is still SOP in most institutions.

Thanks for the clarification.

There was this one time that my wife and one of our kids was in the emergency room and our kid has to be admitted. In the admitting section, they asked for a downpayment, but I told them I do not have any at the moment. After 5 days during check out, was the only time that I heard the word downpayment. If I did gave one. I told them no and then proceded in paying the bill.

Downpayment was not demanded nor reminded during the confinement.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Mali naman ung govt.

U cant force private businesses to incur losses. That would discourage investment. Wala na magpapatayo ng bagong hospital kung ganyan. and existing hospitals, if they can no longer bear losses, will shut down.

In the long run, it's gonna be bad for us all.

It's a populist law.

And it's unfair to people who pay. Kung pde sila mag promissory note, why not everyone else?

Why should i pay if the other guy doesnt have to?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Why not? They keep trying to do it with schools (re: putting student council members on the board that decides on tuition fees).

From firsthand experience... mahirap ang promisory note. +1 sa lahat ng sinabi ni Doc Otep.

Some of you already know that our family business includes hospitals.

One of which closed and was only recently re-opened.

I've expressed concern and criticism over the way things are run at times, but a business is a business. If a private hospital becomes nothing but a charity clinic, it'll close. Running one is no joke.

For patients who are admitted and not emergency cases, a hospital doesn't need to accept them... that's what public hospitals are for. In the event of emergency cases, once stabilized, the patient has the option of transferring to the nearest public hospital.

It's a bit unkind, yes, but we've been losing millions every year due to patients jumping out of windows and skipping payment.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    coz of the large political clout of the impoverished masses, asahan natin our govt will keep on enacting populist laws at the expense of private enterprise.

Kulang nalang they impose price controls on basic goods.

Businesses should not be punished for being in business.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    madami na kasing private hospitals ang nagsasara dahil nga inaabuso nang mga patients.. puro promisory note di naman binabayaran.. pano tatakbo yung hospital??

Private hospitals ang mga ito.. iba yung public / government owned hospitals.. dapat kasi kung walang pambayad.. wag pupunta sa private hospitals.. marami naman public hospitals na available.. don kahit di magbayad sagot nang gobyerno..

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    marami naman public hospitals na available.. don kahit di magbayad sagot nang gobyerno..
    Sadly kulang din ang public/government hospitals.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Private hospitals going on a hospital holiday?!