New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    What's this I read about all the private hospitals belonging to the Phivate Hospital Association of the Philippines (PHAP) going on hospital holiday?

It seems that they are protesting this in protest to a recently passed republic act, allowing patients who don't have the immediate capacity to pay to check out of the hospital on a promissory note only. They said that this would kill their business/industry.

If what I read was right, they would only accept emergency room cases and maternity cases but would not admit patients. Also, if I what I deduce is right, for them its "business first, patients later" i.e. they are looking at hospital operations from mostly a business standpoint and less from a social/public service standpoint.

Any truth to this news?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I've also read this a few weeks ago... they would push with this hospital holiday one or twice a month.

This seems really absurd to me.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    napanood ko yan sa news kagabi nic, totoo nga at sabi nila malulugi daw pag ganyan ang pagrelease ng pasyente...although i did not catch if kelan planned holiday nila..

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    anak ng pating, eh kawawa naman ang mga pasyente nyan. What if iisa lang ang accesible na hospital sa 3 barangays at nagkatong private pa toh. Don't tell me they would refuse patients na hinde critical ang lagay? Anak ng pating talaga oo...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    that's what the news said.....

could anybody here post the hospitals that belongs to PHAP? so we would know where to go just in case.............

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    If ever matuloy ang "hospital holiday" na ito, Asian Hospital will not join the "holiday".

7. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    ONLY IN THE PHILIPPINES......

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by meledson View Post
    If ever matuloy ang "hospital holiday" na ito, Asian Hospital will not join the "holiday".
    Well, that is good news and quite noble of them.

Paano kaya yung mga hospitals dun sa 'min sa Bulacan?

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    It is true. Seems certain hardliners of the PHAP (around 300 hospitals) will push through with their self-proclaimed "hospital holiday" until December 2007. Yung iba naman are still looking for a diplomatic solution.

Being in the C&C industry, I sympathize with their plight. Marami na talagang kaso na pagka-pirma ng promissory note, tatakbuhan na lang ang responsibilidad. Hindi naman charitable institution ang ospital, business pa rin, with employees having their own families to feed.

Yung ibang mga ospital naman kasi, nasa ward na nga yung pasyente, ino-overcharge pa rin. My father-in-law was hospitalized recently sa UDMC twice in a span of 1.5 months, yung first for stroke, 2nd for pneumonia, stayed a total of 3 weeks, over 130k yung bill (net), hindi pa kasama yung PF.

Sana nga maayos yung gusot asap.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by nicolodeon View Post
    What's this I read about all the private hospitals belonging to the Phivate Hospital Association of the Philippines (PHAP) going on hospital holiday?

It seems that they are protesting this in protest to a recently passed republic act, allowing patients who don't have the immediate capacity to pay to check out of the hospital on a promissory note only. They said that this would kill their business/industry.

If what I read was right, they would only accept emergency room cases and maternity cases but would not admit patients. Also, if I what I deduce is right, for them its "business first, patients later" i.e. they are looking at hospital operations from mostly a business standpoint and less from a social/public service standpoint.

Any truth to this news?

I think kaya natuloy na naging law ito dahil magiging illegal detention pag gusto ng umuwi/i-uwi ang pasyente na magaling na. At saka kung di makakalabas ang pasyente ay lalong lalaki ang bill nya.

Di ba na illegal din para sa mga hosp na mag require ng downpayment bago ma-admit for confinement.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Private hospitals going on a hospital holiday?!