New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Good day guys! Blessed Black Saturday!

I'm planning a trip up north, head count is 10-12 pax and planned number of days is at 3 to 4 days. We're having a problem as to what stopovers will we go to, having Subic, Baguio, Benguet as candidates. The goal is to be able to drive-by the stopovers and spend one day for each of them - and have the last day of our trip set at Hundred Islands in Pangasinan.

Here's the following list of problems so far:

1. Where to rent a Hiace Commuter van (or any van that can accommodate all of us) at a cheap rate and wherein we can opt not to have a driver with us (hassle pa kasi pag may kasama); and

2. The places to stopover?

Given that Tsikot is filled with fun-runs and travellers all over the nation, I thought this would be the best place to post and ask.

Comments and suggestions highly appreciated! TIA!
    Last edited by batang_raon14; April 11th, 2009 at 01:00 PM.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Subic is too far out of the way, being westward, but I guess it's up to you to go there if you really want to.

Going to Baguio, I suggest ISDAAN resto in Gerona, Tarlac and/or the fastfood stopover "center" in Rosario, La Union.

Let's wait for more suggestions from others.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by woohoo View Post
    Subic is too far out of the way, being westward, but I guess it's up to you to go there if you really want to.

Going to Baguio, I suggest ISDAAN resto in Gerona, Tarlac and/or the fastfood stopover "center" in Rosario, La Union.

Thanks Sir - oo nga e, Subic seems a bit far off. Kaya lang based kasi from our last trip using SCTEX, medyo malapit na rin siya. hehe

Plan ata sana is first day dito sa Destination A, second day Destination B, ..., last day Hundred Islands - parang ganun.

As per sa vehicle, kahit nga pala sagot namin yung gas or what, basta yung kailangang bayaran eh reasonable lang.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by batang_raon14 View Post

As per sa vehicle, kahit nga pala sagot namin yung gas or what, basta yung kailangang bayaran eh reasonable lang.
    AFAIK, sa van rental talagang sagot niyo ang gas, kukunin niyo ang van naka full tank and then pag balik niyo dapat full tank din..

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by woohoo View Post

remember that their ultimate destination is hundred islands! you can go to subic, then proceed to go into zambales. take the zambales national road all the way to sta. cruz then off to pangasinan. alaminos, pangasinan is only 2-3 hours from subic via zambales.

from sbma you will pass the towns of subic, castillejos, san marcelino, (by-pass my hometown san antonio since there is a short cut route), san narciso, san felipe, cabangan, botolan, iba, palauig, masinloc, candelaria, and last sta. cruz. after sta. cruz pangasinan na yun. first pangasinan town after sta. cruz is infanta, then dasol, burgos, mabini then alaminos.

you have several places to stay if your choice is beach jumping. remember of the 14 towns of zambales only castillejos and san marcelino are land-locked, all the others are along the coast. if you really have time then don't by-pass san antonio. andun ang famous pundaquit beach and anuwangin. you can go to the capones and camera islands. sa sta cruz you can also go to hermana mayor and hermana menor islands.

dasol pangasinan has also beach resorts.

pag dating nyo sa hundred islands super sun burn na kayo pag dinaanan nyo lahat ng beach resorts sa zambales hahaha!

check here for some resorts in zambales >>> http://www.zambalesresorts.com/amn.htm

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Wow! Those are huge heads up Sir yebo! Naku, marami pong salamat! Plotting time! hehehehe :D

7. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    remember that their ultimate destination is hundred islands! you can go to subic, then proceed to go into zambales. take the zambales national road all the way to sta. cruz then off to pangasinan. alaminos, pangasinan is only 2-3 hours from subic via zambales.

from sbma you will pass the towns of subic, castillejos, san marcelino, (by-pass my hometown san antonio since there is a short cut route), san narciso, san felipe, cabangan, botolan, iba, palauig, masinloc, candelaria, and last sta. cruz. after sta. cruz pangasinan na yun. first pangasinan town after sta. cruz is infanta, then dasol, burgos, mabini then alaminos.

you have several places to stay if your choice is beach jumping. remember of the 14 towns of zambales only castillejos and san marcelino are land-locked, all the others are along the coast. if you really have time then don't by-pass san antonio. andun ang famous pundaquit beach and anuwangin. you can go to the capones and camera islands. sa sta cruz you can also go to hermana mayor and hermana menor islands.

dasol pangasinan has also beach resorts.

pag dating nyo sa hundred islands super sun burn na kayo pag dinaanan nyo lahat ng beach resorts sa zambales hahaha!

check here for some resorts in zambales >>> http://www.zambalesresorts.com/amn.htm
    I noticed that you didn't mention the Northern destinations (Baguio, Benguet). Those were what I was referring to when I stated that Subic is too far out of the way, in terms of "efficiency" (think Travelling Salesman Problem -- http://www.tsp.gatech.edu/); or maybe I'm being too mathematical.

I was also under the impression that the zigzag roads in Zambales delay a Pangasinan trip too much for comfort, but maybe that's just me.

I leave it up to the TS to consider the route you suggested, which I'm studying in Google Earth right now, for the future. Thanks! :smiley:
    Last edited by woohoo; April 13th, 2009 at 09:52 AM.

Planning our trip all the way up north!