New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005

It is a good thing that the plane's controls were not that much affected. That hole on the belly looks very dangerous to my untrained eyes. I am certain that it was a very scary experience for everyone in that plane... Great job by the pilots and the air traffic controllers...

6505:Bath:

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    from my point of view makikitang malaki ang butas pero hindi naman siguro na endangered ang life ng mga passenger kasi ang nabutas lang ay ang wing to body fairings lang kaya lang nagkaroon ng deprezurissation due ang affected ay aircon/pressurization system compartment. sa akin lang ito, pero still under investigation pa ang case na ito, naandito ngayon ang aircraft sa hangar namin sa lufthansa technik phils. for investigation and repair.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Exploding oxygen bottle behind July Qantas mid-air blast

[SIZE=2][SIZE=2]Agence France-Presse[/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=2]
    [SIZE=2]SYDNEY - An exploding oxygen bottle was to blame for a mid-air blast which last month blew a gaping hole in a Qantas jet travelling from Hong Kong to Australia, safety investigators said Friday.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]The emergency caused the cabin to depressurize and forced the pilots to land the Boeing 747-400, carrying 365 people, in the Philippine capital Manila.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]In a preliminary report, the Australian Transport Safety Bureau said that one of seven passenger oxygen cylinders failed and then exploded in the aircraft hold, rupturing the fuselage.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]The explosion punched through the cabin floor, driving the malfunctioning cylinder into the cabin before it fell back through the floor and out of the aircraft, it said.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]"The cylinder had been propelled upward by the force of the discharge, puncturing the cabin floor and entering the cabin adjacent to the second main cabin door," the report said.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]"The cylinder had subsequently impacted the door frame, door handle and overhead panelling, before falling to the cabin floor and exiting the aircraft through the ruptured fuselage."[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]The bureau said its inquiries into the July 25 incident were continuing and that a survey of all passengers was also being conducted.[/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]
    Source: www.abs-cbnnews.com
    Aug. 29, 2008

Naku delikado yun ganyan, pag ganun rin nangyari sa ibang eroplano? maswerte pa rin kaya?

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by StraightSix View Post
    OT: That pilot was a good friend of mine. On his trans-Pacific flights, he often tuned the aircraft's backup radio to the Ham Radio band to enjoy a good chat with friends (mostly pinoys) around the world.

He made one last glorious flight on 14 Feb. 2007 ... rest in peace, Capt. Ed Reyes - DU1ERV.

---

BTTT - I saw this in the news today. Aba, malaki nga yung butas. For someone who doesn't have an idea on the 747's structure, it looks scary indeed. The closest I got was building R/C planes, but I still wouldn't want to be onboard the plane when that happened.
    OT: He passed away na pala. Is it from natural cause sana hindi naman tragic? kasi napanood ko pa sya nung ininterview sa episode ng air crash investigations about that bombing.

Hindi na OT: Swerte ng mga pasahero kasi hindi explosive decompression.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by siacojin
    OT: He passed away na pala. Is it from natural cause sana hindi naman tragic? kasi napanood ko pa sya nung ininterview sa episode ng air crash investigations about that bombing.
    Prostate cancer ... ilang araw din na comatose bago namatay.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    It was a contolled dive. the pilot put the nose of the plane down, applies some speed brakes and throttled the engine down.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Plane plunge 20,000 ft, makes emergency landing at Manila!