New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Just saw this post from a foreigner in FB:

Humiliated and Harassed on Philippines Airlines

Incident Report on Flight PR 114 from Manila to SF

On April 9, Monday my flight from Manila to San Francisco, I experienced the most horrific injustice I have ever experienced in my entire 3 years of life. As a frequent business class flyer with Philippine Airlines, i experienced something I would never want any passenger to experience. I came early for my flight because I was originally booked business class a few weeks prior but I rescheduled my flight due to a medical emergency. I came to see the general manager Rey Garcia to see if he could help me keep my business class flight. He said he wasn’t able to which was fine. He was extremely kind and helpful. He said however he will get me an aisle seat. He brought me to the front business class check in and had the friendly check in counter help me. I explained to her due to my slipped disc and severe back problem, I requested a seat with more legroom and I was willing to pay. They said since I was endorsed by Rey Garcia I only need to pay the 2 dollar rebooking fee. I was assigned to 31C (See attached photos).

After boarding the flight and settling in my assigned seat, I saw a Philippines Airline ground staff member with a walkie-talkie radio, checking something around the aisles. He approached me and said, "sir can I see your boarding pass". I said no problem, I then heard him say in Tagalog “****”. (****). He then asked me, "sir where are you suppose to be sitting", I said here sir. He then radioed the front desk and asked where Is Henry Wang suppose to be sitting. On the radio they said "31 Charlie."

After that they asked the girl who was sitting next to me who also purchased her seat Alexa Louise Mata sitting in 31A next to me if she could go to the other available Bulk Head Seat. She complied because it was another bulk head seat.

He then asked me to see my receipt which caused a scene with all the people around me. He asked me did you pay for this? In a loud voice with everyone looking at me as if I stolen something. I’m like yes, or else I wouldn’t have received my boarding pass. He told me I had to move to the back because there is a couple that wanted to be sat together. I told them it doesn’t matter, I was assigned this seat, I’m not moving.

He then called another girl ground staff and another guy ground staff who came over. They said sir if you don’t move out of your seat, we will have to remove you from the flight. Another guy came and the guy trying to kick me off was refusing to show me his badge and he was extremely aggressive. That was horrific as if I was a criminal. There were several employees surrounding me and as a foreigner it became extremely terrifying. They made a huge scene in front of people on the plane. I then proceeded and said, I will not move because I fairly booked this flight. They said again we will remove you from the flight. I asked to speak to the general manager Rey Garcia by phone. A staff member called him for me but he was confused on what was happening. He thought I was trying to sit in business class which wasn’t the case. The connection wasn’t clear and the employees were yelling at me and scaring me to get out of the seat. They said there was a couple who wanted to sit as a pair so they wanted to move them to the front. I told them that was another reason why I wouldn’t move. They then said if you don’t move we will kick you off the plane. Being terrified and humiliated in a foreign country, I left my seat. The saddest thing was there were several people on the plane who recognized me as a businessman and social media influencer. They said we will put you to the back with two available seats.

They then put me in a seat 41H that had female menstruation stain on it. They looked at it and argued it wasn't. Then the lady Leilani said she might have had an accident. They went ahead and finally changed the padding. That is humiliating to me as well. I sat there, and the lady in front of me said she was sitting here Leilani Mercado Saborrido. They put her in the seat 4H because they wanted the couple to sit here in 41H and K however the couple wasn’t satisfied. I went up to the couple, the couple had sympathy. They allowed me to take pictures of their ticket and also pictures of them sitting in my seat. I feel not only humiliated but also harassed. I always viewed Philippines Airlines as the pride of the Philippines and the best airline. My vision is now shattered and I do not want to make this go viral or report this to American consumer right attorneys. Looking back I wish I would have just let them throw me out or drag me out of the seat I rightfully paid for. I will not back down and I will exhaust every resource and every person I know to fight for this injustice.

Sincerely,

Henry Wang

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Could you please share the link?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    read the whole thing...

our flag carrier doing business as usual lol

4. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Updated na yung link with pictures.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Obviously hindi niya binayaran yung 31C na seat niya, pwedeng libre upgrade yan kung mabuhay miles member ka at Premium Elite or Million Miler status mo. At malamang yung original booking niya ay discounted ticket. Choice seat yan, kaya mas mahal yan sa ibang economy seats. If Im in his case, di nako magrereklamo sa 41H, aisle seat din yan, mas malaki leg room nun kaysa sa 31C, mas malamig yung area nayan kasi malapit yung aircon blower, at mas malapit sa CRs. Ang disadvantage lang ng 41H ay walang pocket sa harap to put your small stuff.
    Last edited by glenn_duke; April 10th, 2018 at 10:41 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    His boarding pass say 31C. What right do they have to kick him out like that? What use is it to reserve seats if you can be moved based on the discretion of the staff?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    His boarding pass say 31C. What right do they have to kick him out like that? What use is it to reserve seats if you can be moved based on the discretion of the staff?
    uu nga he got the boarding pass. flight crew cannot just kick him out. his name dropping didnt help weird..lol

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Baka makarating pa ang news kay dr. lucio tan hehehe. 😂

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by GTcervan View Post
    Baka makarating pa ang news kay dr. lucio tan hehehe. [emoji23]
    There are always 3 sides to every story - the passenger's side, PAL's side and the truth.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    There are always 3 sides to every story - the passenger's side, PAL's side and the truth.

theres a 4th... fake news stories [emoji28]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk