New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Kunti lang price difference nila. Minsan mas mura pa sa PAL basta maaga ka bumili. The nearer the flight, the more expensive na talaga. Mas okay talaga sa PAL kesa CebuPac in my experience as well.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Just to be clear.

Cebu Pacific is a budget airline. They sell cheap seats and their job is to get you there if you paid your fare. Having said that, don't expect special service, special food, special attention, free baggage etc. Ika nga, you will get what you paid for. I really hate it when people complain that they get short-changed sa service dito.

PAL on the other hand is a full service airline. May mga perks such as yun Mabuhay club, where you earn points and can use the lounge. Inclusive na food and 20kg of baggage sa flight. If you can afford it, then by all means, fly here. But if on a budget ka, mag-CebuPac ka na lang.

I have flown on CebuPac a number of times and I find it to be ok. Its all about managing your trip for it to be "less strenuous". First, try to fly with just a carry-on bag. You will not complain of the long lines on the counter nor the slow service when issuing boarding passes, nor will you post a YouTube video of you complaining that your bag is being tossed around and manhandled. Another is to pay extra to get the first row of the plane. Believe me they are worth it than bumping and squeezing with the other people in the middle of the plane. Spend your time waiting in coffee shops rather that waiting near the gates. No sense in boarding the plane first as most of the crowd are unruly and they tend to squeeze in the line. Board the plane last. On the flight, just play with your gadgets to make the time fly by and you'll forget how cramped it is inside the plane. Oh and most importantly, don't expect that you will be treated like kings and queens! Just book, board, fly, and disembark as fast as you can.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Funny thing, my sis in law inquired with PAL via phone...me nakuha siyang 6k+ lang, exact same dates and baggage allowance

All the while i thought airlines were encouraging people to book online...

4. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Meron ding pagkakaiba ng prices depende sa time ng flight. Hindi lang sa date. Sometimes, mas mura din sa agent kesa online. Sometimes mas mahal. My agent can even offer CX tickets lower than PAL and Cebu during off seasons.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Nung nag HK ako last year nas mura CX. Nasa 8k lang roundtrip ticker ko. Boeing 747 and 777 pa aircraft.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Peeps OK ba yung Tiger Airways? Napabook kasi kami niyan, akala ko Cebu Pacific, yun pala tie-up with Tiger Airways pala.

i assume they use smaller planes?

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    budget airline din yan under Cebu Pac.. so pareho lang sila..

Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    Peeps OK ba yung Tiger Airways? Napabook kasi kami niyan, akala ko Cebu Pacific, yun pala tie-up with Tiger Airways pala.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002

Almost all budget airlines use the same type of aircraft. Airbus A318, A319, A320, and some use the newer A321.
    Signature

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    What i mean is, in terms of overall quality/maintenance of planes, etc. is it at least at par with Cebu Pacific? To be fair, i haven't heard of any major incidents with our local Tiger airways.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    What i mean is, in terms of overall quality/maintenance of planes, etc. is it at least at par with Cebu Pacific? To be fair, i haven't heard of any major incidents with our local Tiger airways.
    Tiger Air was a Singaporean company, then had a partnership with Seair, before it was acquired by CebuPac. So I think maintenance wise, it was at par if not better than CebuPac.
    Signature

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast