New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    It is hard to choose between Rizal and Bonifacio. They both fought for the independence of Philippines but on different strategy.

But i have to vote, its Bonifacio for me

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Nowadays pag sinabing collaborator it means those who sided with the Japanese right? Pero pano yung yung mga kumampi sa mga amerikano? diba foreign invader din mga yan?

Sa pagkakaalam ko na corner na yung mga kastila sa Intramuros ng mga pinoy, kaso dumating mga kano, at dahil ayaw mapahiya ng mga kastila binenta nila tayo sa mga kano, at kunwari pa may labanan na naganap..Tapos sinabi nila sa mga leaders ng rebolusyon na papasukin na nila ang Intramuros para tumulong sa atin yun pala nagbaba na sila ng mga sundalo...so nung nakapagbaba na sila ng marami raming sundalo e wala nang nagawa mga pinoy may foothold na sila eh...nautakan tayo dun

IMO Spanish, americans, japanese lahat yan foreign invaders..if a guy is called a collaborator because he sided with the japs, then ganun din dapat ang tawag sa mga sumipsip sa mga kano at sa mga kastila...

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    No law, executive order or proclamation has been enacted or issued officially proclaiming any Filipino historical figure as a national hero. However, because of their significant roles in the process of nation building and contributions to history, there were laws enacted and proclamations issued honoring these heroes.

Even Jose Rizal, considered as the greatest among the Filipino heroes, was not explicitly proclaimed as a national hero. The position he now holds in Philippine history is a tribute to the continued veneration or acclamation of the people in recognition of his contribution to the significant social transformations that took place in our country.

Aside from Rizal, the only other hero given an implied recognition as a national hero is Andres Bonifacio whose day of birth on November 30 has been made a national holiday.

Despite the lack of any official declaration explicitly proclaiming them as national heroes, they remain admired and revered for their roles in Philippine history. Heroes, according to historians, should not be legislated. Their appreciation should be better left to academics. Acclamation for heroes, they felt, would be recognition enough.
    On November 15, 1995 , the Technical Committee after deliberation and careful study based on Dr. Onofre D. Corpuz’ and Dr. Alfredo Lagmay’s criteria selected the following nine Filipino historical figures to be recommended as National Heroes:

a. Jose Rizal
    b. Andres Bonifacio
    c. Emilio Aguinaldo
    d. Apolinario Mabini
    e. Marcelo H. del Pilar
    f. Sultan Dipatuan Kudarat
    g. Juan Luna
    h. Melchora Aquino
    i. Gabriela Silang
    National Commission for Culture and the Arts

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    I vote for Rizal.

He was for peaceful reforms while Bonifacio was for violent revolution.

Rizal gave importance to education as a prerequisite to liberty.

http://www.joserizal.ph/ph01.html

Educational Philosophy

Rizal’s concept of the importance of education is clearly enunciated in his work entitled Instruction wherein he sought improvements in the schools and in the methods of teaching. He maintained that the backwardness of his country during the Spanish era was not due to the Filipinos’ indifference, apathy or indolence as claimed by the rulers, but to the neglect of the Spanish authorities in the islands. For Rizal, the mission of education is to elevate the country to the highest seat of glory and to develop the people’s mentality. Since education is the foundation of society and a prerequisite for social progress, Rizal claimed that only through education could the country be saved from domination.
    http://joserizal.info/Writings/Other/manifesto.htm

His disavowal of the Katipunan and the Philippine revolution against Spain have led some to assert that José Rizal does not deserve to be the national hero of the Philippines. Others, considering the entirety of Rizal’s life and writings consider that he who inspired Andres Bonifacio to found the Katipunan, is a hero also one dedicated to bring about the liberties which both championed but in different ways. Both are challenged to consider the words of Rizal: ”I desire as much as the next man liberties for our country; I continue to desire them. But I laid down as a prerequisite the education of the people in order that by means of such instruction, and by hard work, they may acquire a personality of their own and so become worthy of such liberties.”

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Whetaminit. Si Manny Pacquiao iyong nasa picture ah! :hysterical:

And I thought that it was Andres Bonifacio.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by donbuggy View Post
    Whetaminit. Si Manny Pacquiao iyong nasa picture ah! :hysterical:

And I thought that it was Andres Bonifacio.
    You just noticed it now?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    I'm ashamed to admit it, but yes, I did not recognize Pacquiao at first.

Your honor, for my defence, I plead poverty. I have no cable. I have seen only one Pacquiao fight (the one against dela Hoya) and on tiny You Tube. And where I am right now, I don't often see Pacquiao in the print or broadcast media.

Maybe I should use the Chewbacca Defence. "This is Chewbacca..."

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms Homer View Post
    pros:
    - atapang...
    - ayaman...
    - a kisig...

cons:
    - di masyadong gwapo pero medyo bastos...
    - nauuto na pumasok sa politika...
    - sugarol...(ma-chicks...gaya ni rizal)
    ^
    ^
    ^
    ..............hero....

teka, back to topic.... eh none of the above yata me.
    Rizal planted the seeds and Bonifacio did all the action.

In real life, ang mga Rizal ngayon eh ung katulad nila Mar Roxas, Villar na puro salita ang strategy. And Ping is the bonifacio and Aguinaldo at the same time. Killing here and there.

Only diffrence is that today's politicians can never be heroes hundred years later

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12