New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    don't know where to put this mods but feel free to move this wherever section it feels applicable..

anyway, chanced upon this while stumbling sa Mozilla:

Surprisingly this is not the Himalayas. For all my travel buddies who have survived Himalayan bus trips, here is a bird's eye view of the horror.
    The road is located in the South American country of Bolivia.
    It consists of 43 miles (70 km) of dirt and rock heading north from La Paz, the world's highest capitol (altitude 12,000 feet or 3,660 ?m), to Coroico, a beautiful cloud forest town at the rim of the Amazon
    basin.
    Its catchy nickname is due to the 26 vehicles that fall off the road per year. About 200 people annually lose their lives here.
    A fatal accident every fortnight is not uncommon on the Coroico road (the July disaster brought the death toll during the previous eight months to 55 and in 1995 the Inter-American Development Bank
    declared this, the world's most dangerous road.
    The only road that exists to get to the Amazon from La Paz, it is carved into the sides of a canyon. It can have vertical drops for 1,600 feet and has no guardrails.
    Consequently, most Bolivians take the time to pray before their descent. After all, it could be their last.
    Last edited by chain; November 21st, 2006 at 02:45 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    more pix:

3. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    holySh*t what kind of road is that I'd never travel in there.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    holy cow. even colin mcrae might freak out at that road.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    i remember taking the ambuklao road to baguio when i was a kid...it scared me sh*tless...parang ganyan din.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Dapat diyan ipadala at bigyan ng driving lessons yung mga nahuhuli na kaskaserong PUV at truck drivers. :D

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    yikes! magbibike na lang ako dyan!

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Looks like one of the roads I took when I went to Colombia a few years ago. It wasn't that bad though. At least the road was paved with asphalt. That one's downright nasty especially at night.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    :twister3: ----> :insomnia: ------> :puke:

10. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Sarap dumaan dyan..hehe..

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
[Merged]World's Most Dangerous Road