hahaha

dito di problema ang birth rate

masyado mataas ang birth rate

kahit saan ka pumunta, puro bata

priority kasi ng pinoy ang family time/gumawa ng bata

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Seriously any of you thinking of going out of town for this 3 day long weekend? Not me. I am using the time to stay home!
    Bro.,- kami magla-last-hurrah before the kids start school.... Sana nga walang magplanong mag long weekend sa mga provinces para very light lang ang traffic sa kalye.....

10K:dance1:

Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    hahaha

dito di problema ang birth rate

masyado mataas ang birth rate

kahit saan ka pumunta, puro bata

priority kasi ng pinoy ang family time/gumawa ng bata
    sa mga squatters area lalo!

wala kasing mga trabaho

walang makain

kaya anak na lang ang ginagawa nila

tapos di naman nila maalagaan

nagkalat sa kalye

nag rugby boys

nag snatch

etc.

kawawang mga bata, mga magulang na may tamang pag iisip ang dapat managot sa mga nangyayari sa mga ank nilang di nila maalagaan

ot na tayo!

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Sa August magkasunod ung 3 day weekend, Aug 21-23 and 28-30. May seat sale ngayon ang Cebupac, PhP 1,599 one way to HK... Summer Sale Season!

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    In my business, walang holiday-holiday Araw araw may pasok except sundays. I only follow the red letter days sa calendar in giving holiday pays.
    same here.... yun resto biz ko walang holiday.... yun manufacturing ko wala din holiday.... yun grocery wala din holiday.... ang kalaban ko eh yun weather.... kapag rainy days medyo mahina talaga ang kita.....

and at my job.... i declare my own holiday!

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    I don't really know what's the fuss about moving the holiday to the nearest Monday, even if the holiday is celebrated on its actual day, most of the time that is still one less day to transact.

When it falls on a weekend shrewd businessmen will always think it is fair that such a holiday does not get observed. That's downright one sided. How is that fair? I run a business too. Sure it eats up my bottom-line but I certainly prefer this than employees getting unplanned SL after SL due to stress in work. Managing the work life balance in a company has never been a businesses priority of most Pinoy entrepreneurs because most of the time they fail at running one. If you want productivity then don't be a slave driver. Prioritize quality over quantity work hours. Then perhaps you'll see a real difference in your bottom-line when employees do an extra mile just so they can complete their work.

Holidays are made to instill balance in the workplace. I'm not buying the idea that it ruins businesses proof is the 7.3% economic growth last quarter. So like it or not there will still be some quarters in our society that favors holiday economics, and I would say the vast middle income public supports this policy.

China's 7 day work week? Is that the reason why suicide is quite so high in China Factories. If that's the Philippines future then God save us. There's so much to life than just working and earning money.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Again its not about the employees! Cause I will just shut it down on the 14th and they will get their pay, What I lose is LOST SALES equating to ONE DAY. Monday sales (at least in our business) is stronger than Saturday sales! Also fixed costs like rent continue to run with one day less of sales!

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Again its not about the employees! Cause I will just shut it down on the 14th and they will get their pay, What I lose is LOST SALES equating to ONE DAY. Monday sales (at least in our business) is stronger than Saturday sales! Also fixed costs like rent continue to run with one day less of sales!
    Will you be complaining too of June 12 WAS a monday and not a Saturday? This is obviously the cost of doing business in our motherland. These are fixed cost that can be projected at the start of the year (since our law already states this movements). You can factor it in the price of your products.

Another thing you can consider is Day-trading, internally talk to your Employees and work out a scheme where you can ask some of them to come in at the date of the holiday but move observing the holiday on a less sales impacting day.

If i have 50 staff, I tell the non critical staff to take the day off on June 14. I'll tell 15-10 staff to advance this on June 11, where my sales on a Friday is very low. And I'll ask them to attend to the shop/company on the day where the holiday is declared.

I don't see how a carefully planned and managed holiday work day will not help you eventually recuperate from the extended weekend. my 2c.
    Last edited by daimengrui; June 11th, 2010 at 09:02 PM.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    If it was a Monday, no I will not complain kasi yun talaga yung day eh. Pero kung sinadya ilipat yan ang ayaw ko. We got a break na nga this year at least weekend yung June 12 nilipat pa so bali wala pa din.

Basta sakin ano mag careful planning dyan, 1 DAY LOST SALES is still 1 DAY LOST SALES and will never be recovered. A weekday at that which is more productive than weekends!

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    If it was a Monday, no I will not complain kasi yun talaga yung day eh. Pero kung sinadya ilipat yan ang ayaw ko. We got a break na nga this year at least weekend yung June 12 nilipat pa so bali wala pa din.

Basta sakin ano mag careful planning dyan, 1 DAY LOST SALES is still 1 DAY LOST SALES and will never be recovered. A weekday at that which is more productive than weekends!
    My point exactly, you wouldn't complain if the Holiday favors your business. If it was observed on a Saturday. You don't complain. But people lose opportunity to rest and observe the holiday since its already a weekend.

Don't blame the law for poor management skills and inability to adapt. The law is the law. If you want to complain then lobby in congress to change the law or run for office yourself.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
June 14 declared a regular holiday