New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    sad to hear about your friend's plight. dami talaga twisted utak sa mundo. hopefully makalabas siya ng bahay nila para di tuloyang masayang buhay niya

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by van_wilder View Post
    theres a big difference sa fil-chi and traditional chinese. sa china second-class ang mga girls. pero para sa mga fil-chi iba.
    Depends... even fil-chi families still have overtones of gender inequality but of a lesser degree.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    oo syempre. hindi naman absolute.

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    It is so sad to hear of this poor girl's treatment. I hope she finds a way to resolve things for the sake of here future life.

I live and work in mainland China with my Pilipino wife and know many local Chinese.
    While I cannot say that I know of a similar situation, it is true that, even today, Chinese have strict laws on children in families and operate a '1 child per family' policy.....except that is if the first child happens to be a female.
    It is ILLEGAL in China to be told the *** of you unborn child. This is because the government fear that the abortion rate for unborn females would be huge (such is the attitude towards female children versus male children).
    If your first child born is a girl, you may apply for a special licence to have another baby. You cannot do this after a son.

The brutal proof of this fact came accross to me in quite an alarming way when I was talking with a female Chinese work colleague. She commented about here brother and his education. I asked quite innocently, 'is he your elder brother?' She looked at me rather surprised and replied, 'Of course not, otherwise I wouldn't be here would I.'

That statement by here rather shocked me, but brought the point home rather well.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
how true is this? women in china are less prioritized?