New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by aceshark
    hindi ba yung regular na yung off peak? ano difference nung regular sa lean?
    normally yung lean season is yung tag ulan
    yung peak naman, summer, holy week, before christmas
    regular, neither peak nor lean, before summer (jan-feb)

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by conix
    normally yung lean season is yung tag ulan
    yung peak naman, summer, holy week, before christmas
    regular, neither peak nor lean, before summer (jan-feb)

owww... oki. now i know. thanks, batchmate!

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    ay wala pa beach? kala ko meron na. haay.. kung wala talaga, mukhang la luz ang bagsak namin nito..

pa-feedback nman po sa mga pupunta ha? :D

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    Hindi pa masyadong tapos, pangit na siguro kung peak season kayo punta

5. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Just got back from our Golden Sunset Resort trip.

Facilities:
    1. Pool with slides and mini-waterfalls
    2. Jacuzzi
    3. Butterfly Sanctuary
    4. Billiards
    5. Darts
    6. Beach Volleyball court
    7. Fish pond
    8. Boat riding
    9. Biking
    10. Spa/Salon!
    11. 2 restaurant and 1 cafe
    -Fish Pond Restaurant - Fresh Tilapia and Bangus, yummy! Sarap din ng vegetables nila. Medyo mahal nga lang.
    -Cusina De Oro - Value for money yung food dito. Masarap na, affordable pa. You've got to try their Beef Salpicao, Mushroom Ala Pobre, and Mixed Vegetables.
    -Cafe' Veranda - Mostly drinks and pica picas. Dito kami umorder ng Alcohol and pulutan. May videoke sila, 5 pesos per song.

Cons
    - Di pa gawa yung outdoor theater/stage and may isa pang pool na ikino-construct.
    - Ala pa masyadong butterflies sa sanctuary.
    - May beach pero di pwedeng paliguan.
    - Maalat ang tubig... Mahirap magsabon at shampoo, hehe.
    - Hanggang 12pm lang yung bar so you have to order tons of alcohol and food bago magsara.

Pros
    - Jacuzzis!
    - The staff is great! Very friendly and accomodating!
    - Food!
    - Landscape... Maganda pagkakagawa sa kanya kahit medyo maliit lang yung lugar.
    - Spa/Hair Salon... Had a Thai massage for only 500 pesos for an hour. Not bad for a luxurious spa/salon handled by Ricky Reyes huh?

Rating:
    Food - 8 (value for money lalo na sa cusina de oro)
    Facilities - 7 (pwede na, nothing special except for the spa and jacuzzis)
    Pool - 6 (maalat yung tubig and 4 ft lang yung pinaka-malalim)
    Beach - 4 (masarap tumambay lalo na pag sunset pero di pwedeng maligo, tsk tsk)
    Landscape - 8 (maganda yung lugar but di pa fully developed)
    Staff - 10 (napaka-bait at asikasong-asikaso kami dito, lahat ng nakakasalubong namin laging naka-ngiti at panay bati hanggang sa pag-uwi namin.)

Overall rating - mga 7.5 siguro.

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/w...?sid=2dbNnLFxI
    ^^^
    Here are some pics... Paki-ignore nalang kaming mga asungot.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    If i were to rate this place it would be 4-5 out of 10 only. Good thing I didn't have to pay for that weekend.

Things to bring:

1. Tons of mosquitoe spray or off lotion. Rooms are swarming with mosquitoes. (i mean swarming)

2. Pillows, they'll provide you with 1 SMALL pillow/bed. Even smaller than some throw pillows. Close to the size of the pillows we normally put in our cars.

3. Cooler, (getting water may be a hassle depending on where your room is.)

Food prices are reasonable, with regards to taste, its so so lang. Beer is cheap at 35php.

Recreation is fine if you'd bring your kids, but if a barkada were to go, then you'd probably just end up drinking. There's nothing much to do. Just swim in the pool and hang out in the jacuzzi. I asked why they didn't fix the beach. Answer"magagalit daw yung locals kc hanapbuhay nila yun" THeir fishing nets are in front lang, anyway if you see the water, i doubt if you'd want to swim in it. If you think of calatagan, first thing that'll get into mind is the beach and not a swimming pool....

....and for the room rates... Never will i pay such an amount. I'd rather go to laluz or another part of calatagan, anilao and spend less pa. And for that amount, rooms in punta fuego are in that price range na.

Sorry to burst your bubble guys. IMHO only.

CHEERS

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Marantz
    And for that amount, rooms in punta fuego are in that price range na.

CHEERS
    re: punta fuego, pwede na ba pumunta kahit di member?

8. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Marantz
    If i were to rate this place it would be 4-5 out of 10 only. Good thing I didn't have to pay for that weekend.

Things to bring:

1. Tons of mosquitoe spray or off lotion. Rooms are swarming with mosquitoes. (i mean swarming)

2. Pillows, they'll provide you with 1 SMALL pillow/bed. Even smaller than some throw pillows. Close to the size of the pillows we normally put in our cars.

3. Cooler, (getting water may be a hassle depending on where your room is.)

Food prices are reasonable, with regards to taste, its so so lang. Beer is cheap at 35php.

Recreation is fine if you'd bring your kids, but if a barkada were to go, then you'd probably just end up drinking. There's nothing much to do. Just swim in the pool and hang out in the jacuzzi. I asked why they didn't fix the beach. Answer"magagalit daw yung locals kc hanapbuhay nila yun" THeir fishing nets are in front lang, anyway if you see the water, i doubt if you'd want to swim in it. If you think of calatagan, first thing that'll get into mind is the beach and not a swimming pool....

....and for the room rates... Never will i pay such an amount. I'd rather go to laluz or another part of calatagan, anilao and spend less pa. And for that amount, rooms in punta fuego are in that price range na.

CHEERS
    Re: Mosquitos - Di ko po na-experience ito since air conditioned naman po yung rooms...

Re: Water - Depende sa location. Sa garden cove, ok lang kasi malapit sa Cafe Veranda. Sila na magdadala ng water and ice para sayo.

Re: recreation - wala talaga kami halos ginawa kundi nag-swimming, hanging out at the jacuzzi, massage/spa, tambay sa beach (di pwedeng mag-swimming eh, maputik), at uminom! hehe... (sakto lang naman sa overnight.)

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Went there last Feb 11-12 to celebrate my birthday with the wifey. We enjoyed out stay although kids will enjoy their stay most. Kiddie pool, playground, butterfly santuary, fishing, biking, boating and jeepney ride with automatic transmission.

1. They have a cashless payment system inside the resort whein you have to buy prepaid coupons which they call "Passport". You use this to dine inside their restaurants as well as using their recreational facilities.

2. We stayed in an airconditioned room (duplex type -twin accomodation) so no problem with mosquitos. Malaki din lahat ng pillows. Maalat ang tubig sa faucet kaya you still feel malagkit after taking a bath ehehehe.

3. No problem with water as they provide you with one pitcher of cold water upon request. They also have an electric airpot inside the room.

4. Food in their restos are average, reasonably priced.

5. Great friendly staff but their service still needs improvement - bago pa lang kasi kaya medyo magulo kausap at nagtuturuan pa.

Watched a 2 hour free Valentine concert of Rey Valera with his kids (Saleng Ket) sa open air amphi theater. According to "Mama" Ricky Reyes, live bands will be performing there every weekend.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Our rooms were in the jacuzzi area. I asked the others madami din daw mosquitoes, but I think ours was the worst.

Red hOrse: yes pwede na none members sa punta fuego.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Golden Sunset Resort in Caltagan Batangas