New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    my baby likes the beach, what can i say? hehe

i'm thinking 3am. earlier pa if i have to skirt traffic along the way...

san ba traffic dun? tarlac? pangasinan?

may nakapag roadtrip na ba dun past few months? how's the road? what do i look out for along the way?

any nice beaches i can visit? can anyone recommend a nice, reasonably priced hotel with aircon and tv in Vigan town proper?

i'd like to go derecho to pagudpod, but i doubt if i have the stamina. not as young as i used to be hahaha

thanks in advance

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by voltscastillo View Post
    my baby likes the beach, what can i say? hehe

i'm thinking 3am. earlier pa if i have to skirt traffic along the way...

san ba traffic dun? tarlac? pangasinan?

may nakapag roadtrip na ba dun past few months? how's the road? what do i look out for along the way?

any nice beaches i can visit? can anyone recommend a nice, reasonably priced hotel with aircon and tv in Vigan town proper?

i'd like to go derecho to pagudpod, but i doubt if i have the stamina. not as young as i used to be hahaha

thanks in advance
    bro alis ka ng 3. mahirap abutan ng traffic sa Pangasinan. as for Tarlac malaki kasi sya so even if you leave ng 3 depende sa takbo mo ha, baka nasa pangasinan ka ng mga 530.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    the last time we went there?

nakaalis kami ng 1am.. naglaba pa pinsan ko eh.

pero masokay kung tipong 10 or 11pm papunta na kayo NLEX.

sarap humataw sa provincial highway nang walang kasabayan.

it took me 9 hours (pauwi na) Vigan to Balintawak.

80-100 kph normal cruising with 3 stop-overs..

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005

We were there last July, which is almost a year ago. Drove all the way from LPC to Laoag. Left our place around 12midnight, picked up some passengers in QC (Commonwealth) and reached Laoag around 11AM, after stopping twice along the way for food and toilet for about 2.5 hours total. We toured the place for the day and left early the following morning for Pagudpud. We stayed there for a night and returned to LPC passing by Vigan.

Road to Vigan should be without any major issue.

If you want to go to the beach, there are actually a lot of good ones in La Union. Not sure if there are any in the Vigan area... I suggest you go straight to Pagudpud. The drive is worth it!

5707:tumbleweed:

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    oo nga ituloy nyo na ng pagudpud 3 hrs. drive na lang mula vigan

6. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Vigan is not quite famous for its beaches but more of a pasyalan like museums, old churches, spanish & ancestral houses and chavit's mansion....

go further north up to Pagudpud...tutal andun na kayo eh

overnight na lang sa Vigan for the much needed rest and drive early morning towards Pagudpud

going to Vigan - what time should i leave manila?