New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2008
    [SIZE=3]Hi, everybody! Newbie here. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Please give me your insights, tips and ideas as we're planning to travel extreme far north. We are from Nueva Ecija; my family and I are planning to travel via Nueva Vizcaya, Isabela, Tuguegarao, then Cagayan up to Aparri. Then going back, we will be taking the west side (Ilocos regions, Vigan) until we reach Subic. It's a 4-day trip. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]My vehicle is an Innova; just completed its 1st 1T kms. Though our plan to travel is not too soon, I'm starting to plan now. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Anyone here who is very much familiar on the route we're planning to take? Dangerous route, nice place to stop over, etc. etc. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Any ideas will surely be appreciated. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Many thanks! [/SIZE]

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Ginawa ko yan 3 years ago. Manila - Nueva Ecija - Isabela - Tuguegarao (via Roxas) - Pagudpud - Vigan - Baguio - Dagupan - Bataan - Manila. My Innova then was less than a month old.

The last time I went to Tuguegarao was 2 months ago. The roads are still good or tolerable except for some portions from Quezon Isabela to Enrile Cagayan segment. Have not passed the Ilagan route. On the west side, the roads from Manila to La Union are still okay or tolerable. Have not been to Ilocos Sur and Norte lately.

Have a nice, happy and safe trip.

Btw, saan kayo sa NE? My wife is from Talavera.

:beer: 3571

Our Innova

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    hanggang Pagudpud lang kita matutulungan from Pagudpud kasi ako pero andito sa nueva vizcaya ngayon

pagdating mo ng bagabag, nueva vizcaya G & B Buko Pie first stopover

take cauayan-cabagan-tuguguegarao route ginagawa kasi yung mga baku-bakong daan sa Roxas pero pwede pa namang daanan . pahinga ka na muna sa tuguegarao kung ikaw lang mag-isang driver.

2nd stop over siam-siam, claveria, cagayan bibingka naman bago tumuloy ng ilocos.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by AlKhobarkid View Post
    [SIZE=3]Hi, everybody! Newbie here. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Please give me your insights, tips and ideas as we're planning to travel extreme far north. We are from Nueva Ecija; my family and I are planning to travel via Nueva Vizcaya, Isabela, Tuguegarao, then Cagayan up to Aparri. Then going back, we will be taking the west side (Ilocos regions, Vigan) until we reach Subic. It's a 4-day trip. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]My vehicle is an Innova; just completed its 1st 1T kms. Though our plan to travel is not too soon, I'm starting to plan now. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Anyone here who is very much familiar on the route we're planning to take? Dangerous route, nice place to stop over, etc. etc. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Any ideas will surely be appreciated. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Many thanks! [/SIZE]

Sir AlKhobarkid, try mo itong link na ito very helpful: http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showt...light=pagudpud

Yan din ang ginamit ko last Jan 3, 2008. Just manage to do it other way around kasi opposite yung route mo. Pero complete info yan including the kilometer and travel hours. Actually by-luck, I meet in person Gov. Chavit at his Baluarte. Thanks to the original poster of it very interesting place it is.

I name my trip as "TIP-TOP ADVENTURE" and I used also my Innova G 2007.

Goodluck to your Trip.

5. Join Date
    May 2008
    Double posting, sorry.

6. Join Date
    May 2008
    Maraming Salamat po sa mga insights ninyo!

Another question, how about the roads particularly along the Vizcaya, Isabela, Quezon, and Tuguegarao areas, are they steep (or very steep)?
    Madadaanan ba yung tinatawag nilang "Bitukang Manok"? (Pls forgive my ignorance ) Saan bang parte yung medyo risky talaga?

Honestly, for the last ten years that I have been driving, this is my first time to negotiate curves of high altitudes. Though, I know the basics and mandatory rules, but driving uphill/downhill is not something you will learn by mere reading.

BTW, we're from Aliaga.

Thanks again, guys!

Going Extreme Far North - Tips