New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nature Tripping:

- Eden Nature Park (nice and cool): nice place for a day hike and getting away from the city hustle and bustle.
    - Paradise Island: 5 mins away from Davao City only (by boat)

Night spots:

- The Venue
    - Matina Town Square (don't forget to grab durian coffee at Blu Gre)
    - Jack's Ridge

FOOD:
    - pamatay yung arroz caldo at tokwa't baboy breakfast sa DENCIA's (not Dencios ha).... highly recommended
    - AFAT: Very good Chinese food... parating puno but they expanded already... di nabuhay yung GLoria Maris sa Davao because of this.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    nabuhay lang Gloria Maris sa SM davao..

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Go to Metro Spa, K1 Spa is not so good service anymore. It's like having your helpers do the massage.

You can have lunch at Paradise. Take a boat ride for 10 pesos per person or if you're in a hurry take the whole boat for 50 or 70 pesos. It's only 5 minutes away. Don't go on a Sunday, place is very full.

Best chicken bbq is Dusk 'til Dawn bbq, not Colasa's, it's just overhype. Unless you prefer eating bbq marinated in special soy sauce with special black peppers which are actually bangaws (big fly), then Colasa's is the place to be. It became famous back then because it was one of the few places in Davao you could eat after gimmick (1-2 AM) and as students our budget was limited. The other known place was Mang Tura but it's closed then and usually older people hanged out there.

If you want to eat at Luz Kinilaw better to buy take out, tell them it's for shipping to Manila. The place is not so clean.

Ahfat is good, Dencio's uses too much MSG.

When is your scheduled trip? What hotel?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    June 30 kami punta. don't know pa which hotel we are booked. susunduin naman kami ng organizers ng convention pagdating sa davao airport.
    Signature

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    this thread would be of great help to me.. i'll be going to davao next month..

I'll print this one.. hehehehe

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mugen View Post
    this thread would be of great help to me.. i'll be going to davao next month..

I'll print this one.. hehehehe

Nyek! Akala ko tuloy magkasama kayo ni Boybi. He he he

:coffee: [SIZE="1"]3149[/SIZE]

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Murang lang ng massage dyan sa Davao. Parang nasa P200+ lang and maganda yung spa. May pagka 1st class sya. Forgot the name of the Spa na.

Maganda nga sa Jack's Ridge, sarap tumambay and magkuwentuhan dun.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    San kayo tumira dito last time ??

WBR,

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sa Waterfront kami nag stay. Hindi maganda yung mga rooms nila, sobrang luma na. No choice naman kami since yung ang hotel na pinili ng organizers. Maganda lang dito is malapit lang sya dun sa sakayan ng boat papuntang isang island kung saan kami kumakain.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Speaking of Davao...its their Kadayawan Week ngayon...yesterday was a holilday sa DC.

Was there early this August, stayed at Grand Blvd., okay naman generally, free wifi, kasawa lang yung buffet bfast...near kasi sa ofc kaya no choice hehe....

Try also the restos along the stretch of F. Torres, dami dun mga specialty restos that suits your tastes (Manukan, Taps, Harana, Mongolian Garden, and Kibuwi to name a few, have tried one of the authentic Thai resto there, grabe super sarap, nalimutan nga namin asa Davao kami)

Try also Rancher Grill along Tionko St., near Central Bank, if you wanna feel the Western Cowboy Style (hee! haa!)

Souvenirs, do shop around sa Aldevinco (near Marco Polo) and Gaisano Mall (one stop shop na din)

Don't miss out The Venue, Jack's Ridge (medyo malayo ng konti coz papunta na itong Diversion Road pero awesome view, overlooking kasi), and MTS (Matina Town Sq)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Going to Davao City