New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    On a recent trip to Subic, I was researching on the fastest way to travel from Alabang to NLEX. Grabe kasi ang traffic sa EDSA, especially the choke points in Cubao and Balintawak. Here's what I found: http://www.blackdovenest.com/2010/11...xpressway.html and I thought I'd share it with those planning on a north Luzon trip anytime soon.

If anyone has other options, pls. post na rin. Maganda sana kung may maps. Thanks.

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    nowadays naman, maluwag na ang EDSA after kamias. The stretch of northbound EDSA from Magallanes to kamias ang grabe. Even if mag-C5 ka, Ortigas to Kamias would be the heavy stretch (thanks to PUBs! ).

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    you took the longer way around for a small stretch of edsa - you'll end up losing more time and gas that way - di naman na kasing heavy sa traffic yung ni-bypass mo. superman^ is right, mas grabe ang traffic from magallanes to kamias.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    when i was living in the south area(muntinlupa), pinakamabilis at reliable ang south super highway, quirino, nagtahan,a.bonifacio route going to NLEX.

madaming alternate route pag traffic sa isang area, although few kilometers longer than EDSA.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by JackFlash View Post
    On a recent trip to Subic, I was researching on the fastest way to travel from Alabang to NLEX. Grabe kasi ang traffic sa EDSA, especially the choke points in Cubao and Balintawak. Here's what I found: http://www.blackdovenest.com/2010/11...xpressway.html and I thought I'd share it with those planning on a north Luzon trip anytime soon.

If anyone has other options, pls. post na rin. Maganda sana kung may maps. Thanks.
    IMO, that URL provides a longer route(and a lot of stoplights) than Balintawak Cloverleaf - Edsa though it's an alternate way if if there's a major traffic build-up in Balintawak-Munoz area. And the person who created that webpage does not know anything about shortcut.

But the faster way to Alabang from NLEX is A. Bonifacio-Lacson-Quirino- Osmena-Skyway. Another advantage of this route are the side streets you can use to avoid the usual chokepoints.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarsi View Post
    when i was living in the south area(muntinlupa), pinakamabilis at reliable ang south super highway, quirino, nagtahan,a.bonifacio route going to NLEX.

madaming alternate route pag traffic sa isang area, although few kilometers longer than EDSA.
    +1
    Eto ang ruta ko everyday going to marilao from makati naman ako galing..

7. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by roninblade View Post
    you took the longer way around for a small stretch of edsa - you'll end up losing more time and gas that way - di naman na kasing heavy sa traffic yung ni-bypass mo. superman^ is right, mas grabe ang traffic from magallanes to kamias.
    I guess it all depends on the time of day & season. I went to Subic last Dec. 31, leaving Alabang 10:30 am. Magallanes to Cubao was smooth, then crawled slowly in Cubao due to the buses that were occupying the outer and middle lanes. I think there's a bus terminal somewhere in the area where people were getting off to catch their transpo to the provinces.

Heading to Balintawak wasn't so bad except for the u-turn slots where instead of using the 2 inner lanes some idiots converted the areas into 3-lane u-turn slots. I was hoping to try the NLEX-North Ave. link on the way home on Jan. 2 but due to the animated conversation in the car, I missed the exit. In any case, thanks to you guys who suggested alternative routes.
    Last edited by JackFlash; January 7th, 2011 at 04:30 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarsi View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Marichelle View Post
    IMO, that URL provides a longer route(and a lot of stoplights) than Balintawak Cloverleaf - Edsa though it's an alternate way if if there's a major traffic build-up in Balintawak-Munoz area. And the person who created that webpage does not know anything about shortcut.

But the faster way to Alabang from NLEX is A. Bonifacio-Lacson-Quirino- Osmena-Skyway. Another advantage of this route are the side streets you can use to avoid the usual chokepoints.
    +1.... shortest route na sa experience ko compare to c5 and edsa. Yun mindanao route, iwasan nyo pag sunday, sobrang traffic dun sa isang simbahan na dadaanan ninyo.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    yung posted route dun sa map is parang same lang if you take the same usual route from SM to balintawak...minsan mas malayo pa nga eh....

There are 3 routes that I usually take depending on the volume of cars, Time of the day and days that I'm travelling...

1st when I'm driving on a mid day weekend coming from lets say tagaytay...theres no coding and expect a lot of cars are rolling on edsa because of the commercial establishments..

From Slex take C5 straight to katipunan until we reach its end going congressional and then take the mindanao ave Nlex entry....the cars in C5 are obviously lesser than that of edsa at this time...

2nd if its a Mid day weekday I'll take a.Bonifacio then C3 until I reach sta.mesa then pandacan using the bypass road/bridges going quirino then osmena, SLEX

but if its an early morning drive I'll just go straight bonifacio, dimasalang, Lacson then quirino-osmena-slex

3rd if its an early morning weekend drive edsa all the way then SLEX.....

I've learned this traffic rhythms all through out my college life and I have learned my traffic lessons the hard way and I mean really, THE HARD WAY late dito late doon minsan absent na nga lang hehe... but I'm very thankful to God na walang accidents akong na encounter... But since then until my recent trip last week, it never fails me...
    Last edited by locoroco777; January 7th, 2011 at 08:45 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    I just want to revive this thread... I need to travel from makati to NLEX on a friday at about 5 pm... I know that traffic is hell on EDSA during that time. If this was a saturday, I'll just travel from makati then edsa then NLEX...

But since I need to travel on a friday afternoon I would like to ask you guys if there is a quicker route to NLEX from makati..
    One route I'm thinking of is Buendia - Osmena - Quirino - Old Sta mesa - Araneta - A. Bonifacio.

Something like this:

Senator Gil Puyat Ave to N Luzon Expy - Google Maps

Anybody have better suggestions? Or should I just suck it up and drive through EDSA?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Fastest Way to NLEX from EDSA or C5