New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Baliktad naman sa akin before - Chicago to NYC via Indiana-Ohio-Pennsylvania-New Jersey. Then we drove from NYC towards Philadelphia, then Washington DC, and Baltimore. We drove back to Chicago from Baltimore via Virginia and then Pennsylvania.

The longest road trip I did in the US was driving from Chicago towards Pinehurst (North Carolina) via Indiana-Kentucky-Tennessee, maybe around 20 hours. Then we drove north towards Maryland.

I lived in Chicago and Minneapolis. It is a 6-hour drive between those two cities via Wisconsin. When I lived in Albany (New York), we sometimes drive towards Boston and go back via Providence (Rhode Island) and Hartford (Connecticut).

Last May, we had to go to Montgomery (Alabama). We arrived via Atlanta (Georgia), then drove towards Alabama. To enjoy our trip better, we drove towards New Orleans (Louisiana) then towards Orlando and Fort Lauderdale (Florida).

Los Angeles and Las Vegas is about 4 or 5 hours via car. I suggest driving there during daylight. It can get very dark crossing the Mojave Desert at night, not to mention there are no gas stations along the way and phone signal is bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We also took that route going to Chicago. We started off in Queens, then New Jersey - Pennsylvania - Ohio - Indiana - Illinois. Grabe yung Pennsylvania napakalaki hahaha that took most of the driving time, around 5 hours to drive through the whole state.

Also, grabe din pala mga roadkills sa I-80, dami kong nakitang deers na patay on the roadside tapos di nila nililinis. I also see blown tires sa side na di nililinis.....

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Luiscachero View Post
    We also rented a Dodge Grand Caravan back in 2017 when we drove from NYC to Washington, DC. Grabe pala lumaklak sa gas yun, from DC to NYC is around 250 miles (around 400 km) and it took us a half tank of gas....... Matipid po ba yun, considering na V6 engine yun and mostly highway, or is it just my driving style?
    Let's see..... Half a tank of gas to travel 250 miles. That's about right for a Dodge Grand Caravan. It has one of the bigger V6 engines around.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    We also rented a Dodge Grand Caravan back in 2017 when we drove from NYC to Washington, DC. Grabe pala lumaklak sa gas yun, from DC to NYC is around 250 miles (around 400 km) and it took us a half tank of gas....... Matipid po ba yun, considering na V6 engine yun and mostly highway, or is it just my driving style?
    We used a Dodge Caravan when we drove from Chicago to Pinehurst. Last May, we also used a Grand Caravan on our Alabama trip.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    We used a Dodge Caravan when we drove from Chicago to Pinehurst. Last May, we also used a Grand Caravan on our Alabama trip.

Kamusta naman fuel economy sir? Do you put 87 octane or 91?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Kamusta naman fuel economy sir? Do you put 87 octane or 91?
    87 octane in the US is equivalent to our local 91 RON. The V6 on the Grand Caravan can take in even the flexfuel E85. We just used mostly 87 octane. We were averaging around 24 miles to the gallon.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    87 octane in the US is equivalent to our local 91 RON. The V6 on the Grand Caravan can take in even the flexfuel E85. We just used mostly 87 octane. We were averaging around 24 miles to the gallon.

Pretty decent for a V6 Caravan sir! Well, yung Rogue na gamit namin to Chicago, went as great a 35 miles to gallon Though I don't remember the FE when we went down to DC

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    When we were in SanFo, we were to rent a Pathfinder but the agent gave us an upgrade so we ended up driving a Nissan Armada. It is one nice truck but average consumption was around 17 miles to the gallon with its 5.6L V8 engine.

8. Join Date
    May 2019
    My advice is to go to Wisconsin’s DMV website and download the manual.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567